New Exhaust Installed- New Dyno Files Updated -Numbers

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
The main reason that I've always thought it is better to start with a v8 than a v6 is that the v8s start with a 8.8 tlok, eventually the v6 will need to swap the 7.5 for a 8.8 rear, so eventually I think the costs to make a v6 beat a stock v8 are overcome; especially when you consider overall power potential. Most 4.6 v8s will handle as much hp as your wallet can afford with forged internals and boost. I think a v6 will be maxed out much at much lower numbers. Unless of course you can be content with the output of your built v6, I think most people will always want more power. In the end if you just want to be unique, or just like the wow factor, sure keep the v6 and beat stock/mild bolt on v8s, I have respect for a well-built v6 too.

OP I'm glad your dyno results made you happy.

Maxed out at lower numbers? You know you can get forged intrrnals for a 3.8/4.2 right?

No one has broken a 3.8/4.2 block because of too much power

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I just want this white Cobra my boss owns. He has a half dozen vehicles. He lends the Cobra out to other employees for reasons I don't know, but I do know that one of my co-worker has been taking it in for regular maintenence the past couple years. Says it's in great shape. The guy has a billion bucks in the bank literally, I'm just going to try my best to get the car from him. Persistance, and a little luck and we shall see what happens.
-In the mean time, the 3.8 is a love of mine. Proud of it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maxed out at lower numbers? You know you can get forged intrrnals for a 3.8/4.2 right?

really? I thought that block was similar to the push rod 5.0 block.

Either way, the 4.6 blocks are pretty much all unbreakable and you can only run so much boost on pump gas....so you will eventually be limited.....15 psi v8 makes more power than 15 psi v6. Just how it be

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

Either way, the 4.6 blocks are pretty much all unbreakable and you can only run so much boost on pump gas....so you will eventually be limited.....15 psi v8 makes more power than 15 psi v6. Just how it be

3.8 barely has anything in common with 302's. idk who told you the blocks crack but the numerous 500+ hp v6 would prove that wrong. the highest i can remember off the top of my head was ~770rwhp but i know there has been higher (it was a singleport by the way)

either way, both can make more power than 80% of this forum will ever own.

the.greg

Reaction score

What he said^ Sure you can boost the hell out of a built v6, but do the same thing to a v8 and it SHOULD make more powa!! In the end yes, the v6 will be hit its ceiling before the v8 does because the v8 moves more air, not because of strength of the v6 block vs the v8 block. But I do agree that a built/boosted v6 will make more power than most of us will ever have/need. Just not sure why you wouldn't just start with a v8, except for the wow/novelty factor or sentimental reasons.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm, very interesting, did not know that.

I would do a v8 strictly for the sound lol...I can not stand the sound those v6's make.

To each their own

trogoth

Reaction score
Who honestly care's if it's not that fast?

I have a v6 and it's fun. it's a rwd convertible. it's not fast by any means. but i have a decent exhaust system, cai and a tune, plus a lowered suspension. i'm not out street racing GTs and shit like that. but i can go on a cruise at night with the top down and it has enough power and sound to put a smile on my face and make me happy. and that's all that really matters.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Who honestly care's if it's not that fast?

I have a v6 and it's fun. it's a rwd convertible. it's not fast by any means. but i have a decent exhaust system, cai and a tune, plus a lowered suspension. i'm not out street racing GTs and shit like that. but i can go on a cruise at night with the top down and it has enough power and sound to put a smile on my face and make me happy. and that's all that really matters.

I agree, I think everyone can agree with that post BUT, I think the issue was your first post dude....you came in here guns blazing, **** the haters, my singleport just made 150 hp or w/e it made, fastest single port v6 blah blah blah even said yourself you were bragging about the power it made...

"Most impressive dyno run in 12 years for a single port V6."

"I've been criticized on my choice of mods ect.. over the years, but now I fell delighted and want to say **** you to all you dumb ass criticizers on different forums over the years telling me I've gone about it all wrong."

"My little single port V6 is now documented to be making more power than any other out there anywhere. it's apparent, I have a bit of a clue as to how ta maintain a car properly, graet day! "
"Thanks for the venting/bragging."

Anyways, Its nice to just have a cruiser, enjoy it! At the end of the day if your happy, thats all that matters.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
you are right, lol my bad....

but that can go to the OP as well... but as long as he enjoys the car more power to him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr

Members online