New Exhaust Installed- New Dyno Files Updated -Numbers

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I keep up with bolt on s197's, without gears yet. With 4.10's it'll really wake up, and with the lower control arms it'll get it down to the ground better.

You all knock v6's so much, but in the long run it's cheaper to make a v6 faster than a v8 any day of the week.
Throw a blower at it.

The extra you spend in buying a gt, in like condition, over a v6, is enough to get a supercharger for the six cylinder, be at a solid 400 horse and blow the doors off the gt all day long.

LilRoush could have more fun explaining this.

I understand your point but i just don't think its factual. I see gt's. Sell for dirt cheap anymore......and typically those cars don't make anywhere near400 hp at the wheels on a basic 10 psi blower setup man.

The problem here is that this is all e racing and 99% of people don't have the extra money to buy a blower, if they did they would just buy a v8 lol.

Thus why we are looking at a thread with a non supercharged 3.8 with tons of work barely eclipsing stock2v power.

I'm not hating....just think all that money could have been put into buying a gt or cobra.

If the Op is happy with it then so be it.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
technically you can. im sure extrude honing would be the best way to "port" the composite material

extrude honing is just that, honing. I also doubt it would work on a plastic (I'm assuming here) intake. all it does is smooth the runners out, and depending on the manufacturing process of the intake, the plastic is probably a lot more smooth than metal intakes that take advantage of extrude honing.

I get it, you're proud..of your "single port v6 w/ 300k miles". We got it. But it's still stupid slow and a waste of money. .02¢

ps: I know all about building a V6...it was a waste.

don't be a dick. don't post if you can't be a productive member of a conversation.

I beg to differ. I keep up with bolt on s197's, without gears yet. With 4.10's it'll really wake up, and with the lower control arms it'll get it down to the ground better.

You all knock v6's so much, but in the long run it's cheaper to make a v6 faster than a v8 any day of the week.
Throw a blower at it.

The extra you spend in buying a gt, in like condition, over a v6, is enough to get a supercharger for the six cylinder, be at a solid 400 horse and blow the doors off the gt all day long.

LilRoush could have more fun explaining this.

I don't condone street racing at all, but I'd need to see a video of you keeping up with a mid to low 13 second car. also the cheaper thing seems pretty fishy to me. custom parts for v6's I believe are more expensive because of a lack of customer base (speculation) so if you're buying new heads etc. I would think it'd be more expensive. take a look at my project thread to see a *sort of* budget build on a v8. I'm just under 7 grand if I remember correctly, and I should be under 6 when I sell the parts I'm not using. and when you start talking about blowers, budget no longer belongs in the conversation for most people.

OK, thanks. Same can be said for the old 88HP/132HP 2.3,L or the mighty 140HP 5.0L Mustangs of past. All a waste of a persons time. I won't waste any more postings about this crappy car.

congrats on your car buddy. it looks gorgeous and you're putting out good numbers for your combo. if others don't like it, tough shit.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll see if we can get a video of it, it's far from street racing. Just getting up the on ramp. I'm not saying he doesn't come out ahead, but I do keep up, it's not a complete walk away like you would expect.

There isn't a huge aftermarket for them. You don't get aftermarket heads, you get ported stock heads. But at the end of the day, you can get a used eaton and a plate and have one blown easy and cheap enough.

My argument is say you have an 01 Gt and an 01 v6 in like condition with 50k miles. The gt will cost considerably more. the price difference is enough to put a blower on the v6, and steadily blow the doors off the gt all day long.

I don't care about being the fastest though. I just think it's neat when I swamp some guy with a v8 and he doesn't believe I just have a wittle bitty v6.

I'll own a v8 car one day, probbaly a mach, but I bought what I could afford and I built it in my own time. But the v8 won't be my fast car, it will be sound good car. The v6 will remain the weekend warrior, it's much more unique. It's awesome being the only one at a car show with a 4.3 stroker.

MadStang

Reaction score
after seeing this thread it makes me wish I would have kept my old v6... stock heads, 4.2 stroker, and full bolt ons I was at 205/278. God only knows the carnage after I would have tossed the m90 supercharger I had on there. and itd have no problem taking down bolt on or even cammed GT's for a hell of a lot less. I bought that entire supercharger kit off a Supercoupe for $250, ported the blower, welded the silencer ports, bam I could have had somewhere around the same horsepower I have now with the Roush.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
This particular car cost me $0.00. My brother gave it to me, I've had fun with it. Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
after seeing this thread it makes me wish I would have kept my old v6... stock heads, 4.2 stroker, and full bolt ons I was at 205/278. God only knows the carnage after I would have tossed the m90 supercharger I had on there. and itd have no problem taking down bolt on or even cammed GT's for a hell of a lot less. I bought that entire supercharger kit off a Supercoupe for $250, ported the blower, welded the silencer ports, bam I could have had somewhere around the same horsepower I have now with the Roush.

Nope you're wrong. These are just turds.

Lawl.

whitey

Reaction score
since I am the s197 gt owner he is talking about, I can tell you that he does keep up with me. I ultimately win however hes still right there with me the entire time...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll see if we can get a video of it, it's far from street racing. Just getting up the on ramp. I'm not saying he doesn't come out ahead, but I do keep up, it's not a complete walk away like you would expect.

There isn't a huge aftermarket for them. You don't get aftermarket heads, you get ported stock heads. But at the end of the day, you can get a used eaton and a plate and have one blown easy and cheap enough.

My argument is say you have an 01 Gt and an 01 v6 in like condition with 50k miles. The gt will cost considerably more. the price difference is enough to put a blower on the v6, and steadily blow the doors off the gt all day long.

I don't care about being the fastest though. I just think it's neat when I swamp some guy with a v8 and he doesn't believe I just have a wittle bitty v6.

I'll own a v8 car one day, probbaly a mach, but I bought what I could afford and I built it in my own time. But the v8 won't be my fast car, it will be sound good car. The v6 will remain the weekend warrior, it's much more unique. It's awesome being the only one at a car show with a 4.3 stroker.

You guys sound like ricers.

O, if I supercharge my 3.8 it will beat an NA 4.6

Wow, what an accomplishment.

silverv6

Reaction score
After reading the thread all i have to say is a persons car is what THEY want. No matter what others think about it, as long as that person who owns it is happy who really gives a shit? In all honesty the other people don't have to drive it lol. v6, v8, 4 cyl who cares! My old civic could blow the doors off of most cars that i saw (not all obviously), but i wanted it and i didn't really care what others thought of it. Same works here OP; keep it up if you really like your car!

PS: I helped build jeremys car and idc if it was a v8 or a 4cyl its unique and what he wanted to do and it was a fun project and a learning experience..

just my .02

HATERS GONNA HATE!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Who said the V8 was stock? My car n/a handles bolt on v8's. My argument still stands that the cost difference would make the biggest difference.

Around here, you're talking 6k for decent new edge gt, 3k for a decent v6. $3k in upgrades could sink you well into the 400 horse range. Break the 6k barrier, then you can start modifying the v8. But ok, I'm a ricer lol.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Doubtful that you will.make 400 hp with 3k. And yes, speaking in terms of what would happen of you did this and that is a ricer e racing move especially considering most blower 3.8 cars make around 300 rwhp.

Have you actually ran that car of yours at the track or anything?

Not trying to start another v6 vs v8 war cause I don care. You can make anything fast if you throw some.money at it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't actually been to the track with this set up. I have an oil leak, and I'm not going to be the street car that leaks oil all the way down the track. My guess is it's the pan, which means the motor just about has to be pulled to re seal it. Not happening any time soon.

My buddy (who lives at the track, building a 9 second fox, etc.) think as is it's a 13.8 car. I disagree. I say mid 14's with a mild launch, but I know I won't know until I do it.

I Just timed it with my fossil, I actually run 10's. ;p

I want to run it after I have MM rear LCA's and 4.10's in an 8.8 with the t-lok.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...I'm just curious...I think.your estimate sounds about right but you never know. Changing oil pan fun fun

1 wheel peel won't help. Get that 8.8 t lok before you go

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly lol. I don't try to boast about it, because as stated, anything can be fast with enough money thrown at it. This is my daily driver. It's quick for a daily driven full interior (down to the 17" spare) sound deadened car. I'm happy with it.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
After looking back at this thread, I come to the conclusion that people can be miserable, but improve their state of mind by putting down thoughts, ideas, and cars. So, I am getting close to getting myself a white'98 Cobra from my millionaire boss. -I guess that once it is in my driveway, suddenly I am a better person on this earth, better than the day before when I owned, drove, and enjoyed a 3.8 Mustang..... Stupid people everywhere. Can't escape them.

the.greg

Reaction score
The main reason that I've always thought it is better to start with a v8 than a v6 is that the v8s start with a 8.8 tlok, eventually the v6 will need to swap the 7.5 for a 8.8 rear, so eventually I think the costs to make a v6 beat a stock v8 are overcome; especially when you consider overall power potential. Most 4.6 v8s will handle as much hp as your wallet can afford with forged internals and boost. I think a v6 will be maxed out much at much lower numbers. Unless of course you can be content with the output of your built v6, I think most people will always want more power. In the end if you just want to be unique, or just like the wow factor, sure keep the v6 and beat stock/mild bolt on v8s, I have respect for a well-built v6 too.

OP I'm glad your dyno results made you happy.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Yep, your right. Here in my case, the car was free. I was in need of transportation of any kind, I had just got off of narcotic prescription drugs, and this hobby got me high the same way the pills did. Kept me straight, kept me busy, and out of trouble. I think anyone would be pleased all the way around if they were to take this particular car for a spirited drive around various roadways. It's not bad. I increased horsepower by 22.5% with bolt-ons. No matter what size engine your working with, I think 22.5% is a good increase over stock without a blower.
I really hope this Cobra comes my way somehow where I can keep both Mustangs. We'll see!

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
lol im pretty much in the same boat with my car. i bought it dirt cheap then it got totalled and insurance gave me what i paid for it + enough to get it road worthy. so its basically a free car. I dont give a fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk if the hood is a different shade of red, or the front bumper sags about an inch. i dont care if your sti or termi is faster than my car, im not 15k+ in debt so suck my dddiiiiiccccckkkk.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
hoooley so much going on in here.... v6's can be fast but im willing to bet if you give me a n/a 2v non pi car with 3.73's and and off road mid pipe and cold air intake i will walk stroked v6's with my old welfaremobile the slowest of mustangs with v8's in who knows how long i had it in the 13's. not being a dick but i know a peg leg car aint going to hook like that. yes i was running et streets and powershifting like a mad man.

i still plan to build a Vsex in the near future just to see if i can do what people claim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin