New from Canada

1994walker3.8

Reaction score
Hey I recently purchased a 1994 mustang v6 with a few bolt ons. Have a blank mind on what went wrong with it so I need some opinions on what is wrong. Engine slowly quit sending power, cutting in and out of power then finally died (while driving) then wouldn't start. I changed the alternator and unplugged the subwoofer I had hooked up and the car still won't turn over. But starts with a jump then dies seconds after taking the cables off. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, where in Canada? Its a big place.

Your issue could be a variety of things, if you've replaced the alternator maybe test the battery next and start going through connection?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm guessing dead battery. Did you have your old alternator tested? If it had failed, and your car was running off battery, then you sucked it dry. It will need either a deep charge to bring it back or you will need to get a new battery. Most car batteries don't respond well to being completely drained and will sometimes no longer hold a charge.

If yours is the style that has the little caps on top, open them (carefully) and check the level of the water inside. If it's low, fill. Be careful though, that's harmful stuff in there.

If you want to see if your battery is dead, take a multimeter and measure the voltage across the terminals. You should see a little above 11. If you don't, it's dead and will need a recharge/replacement.

OP
OP
1994walker3.8

1994walker3.8

Reaction score
Haven't gotten around to bringing my battery to the local shop but if I'm correct a vehicle will run even after the car has been jumped and then disconnected so would that eliminate the problem of a dead battery? And the battery doesn't have the caps but it was purchased in July.

OP
OP
1994walker3.8

1994walker3.8

Reaction score
Yes sir! Hahah there's a new boss 302, 2014 gt 500, a few old mach 1's and a couple foxs! A lot of SN95's for a population of 19k lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting! Thought there would be more "rugged" vehicles up there. Have always wanted to visit there, in the summer of course

OP
OP
1994walker3.8

1994walker3.8

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there are some very well beaten up rigs here but you always have those car fanatics! It's not bad in the summer, only thing is the roads are a horror show if you got some low springs lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online