New from Chicago

Venompower

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan, and I live in the West Suburbs of Chicago. I have had a few Mustangs over the years, starting with a 2001 Mustang V6 Silver/Black Cloth and 5-speed manual that I drove through college. I moved up to a 2004 Mach 1 Oxford White/Black and 5-speed manual, and over time realized the payment was too much at that point in time and traded it for something more affordable. After the first Mach 1 I took a pretty long break from Mustangs, in 2012 I purchased what I thought would be a long term Mustang, an 03' Torch Red Mach 1, with an 03' Cobra engine swap... It has 4.10 gears, Kooks LT's to a flowmaster exhaust, and chrome Mach 1 replicas with 315's in the back. I owned that car all of two months before my wife fell in love with a house, and it was sold for the down payment. Though it was the right thing to do for our family, it still stung... I stayed away from Mustangs since.

Recently my wife gave the go ahead to search for another Mustang... I decided to keep my search under $5k so that there wouldn't be any pressure to get rid of it, and it wouldn't negatively impact our finances in any way. A week ago this past Saturday I found it... a 1997 Cobra Convertible Rio Red with Saddle top and interior. It had 100k miles, and the following modifications. Full exhaust including LT headers, JLT RAI with shield, 4.10 Gears, Short Throw Shifter, and Chrome Cobra R wheels including 10.5 inch rears. Car came with a full set of stock wheels, extra mid pipe, and headlight covers... Currently in the process of cleaning it up and fixing some minor issues. Waiting on stock Cobra headlights which should be here tomorrow.

Overall this may be my favorite Mustang yet!

cobra10.jpg

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! Still have more work to do, next on the list is removing the autozone pedals that were tossed in at some point for a bullitt pedal kit. I also need to find the part number for the weatherstripping attached to the drivers side rear quarter window. However the new set of headlights arrived yesterday and I'm making a little progress...

35ano87.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.