New guy from Oklahoma

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the board and figured I would introduce myself. I just recently came from the import word and all though I really enjoyed it, I figured it was time to take it back to what I always have loved... V8 power... My first car was a 73 Cuda that was stripped from me from a concerned mother who after owning the car for 6 months thought she would drive it to store and well pulled out of the neighborhood and the tires broke loose shifting into second.. Lol "your gonna wrap it around a tree" proboably was correctvsocended up with a damn Maxima!! Blah blah
Anyways I have always loved mustangs and had friends who had them. My best friend has alway had one. He's had eveverything from gt's to Cobra and always have worked on them for him so my v8 need was fed somewhat.
I was into the import thing for about ten years and built a Civic Si that was a blast. Had 4 motors from turbo to NA. Most power was 390 to the wheels on 16 psi.
When I split from the ex who hates mustangs I picked up an 89 gt to play with and cleaned up. Picked it up about a year ago and it was a hell of a process getting to my standards. I always loved the fox car especially the 5.0 platform.

89 mustang gt
Gt40 heads
Gt40 intake e 303 cam
H pipe
Dumped flow masters

Dynoed at 245rwhp 283 tq

After being bored with it and owning for about 6 months I sold it. Then decided I wanted an SN body, knowing I didn't want a 4.6 I looked for and found a 95 gt.
Found this car locally for a steal at $2800 with a blower. It's only a powerdyne but new it would be perfect for what I wanted to do. The motor needed a head gasket job after the previous guy running way to much timing and not really having the block locked down. So I tore it apart and rebuilt it using Fel Pro race series gaskets and ARP head studs.
Since I have owned it it has gone through quite a few changes, 3 different sets of rims including BBS RK's powder coated black, bullit wheels and now a set of 98 gt rims. Im really enjoying the "sleeper" look and enjoy smashing imports and a few Cobras. I have also changed exhaust a few times looking for the right for me sound. First had dyna max bullies and it was extremely loud and authoritative.. Then went to flow aster and now as of Sunday just installed a Borla Cat Back that I picked up from American Muscle for a great price! This was definitely the correct choice. Quite on idle but the bees knees when opened up!
Right now the powerdyne is just running on the FMU and runs great! Im not really running to much timing as of now 9deg initial but will start playing with it once I hit the dyno.:headbang: I'm constantly seeing 9 pounds of boost at 6k and feel its a grat power point. After I built it just used stock plug gap and 13 deg of initial. Since I have been tuning it the number have changed from 6 pounds. I am only using the 6lb pulley.. Who says the bd11a isnt efficient. To think I almost picked a 911 a few weeks ago

OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
I imagine so! Not really sure yet though, planning on gearing it soon. Car has the 3:27 gears in it I beleive so that will prob take place before I imagine

cobra head

Reaction score
welcome to the site love the color and i got to say i think i would have keeped the bbks on it but very nice car

OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
welcome to the site love the color and i got to say i think i would have keeped the bbks on it but very nice car

Thanks guys for the welcome! Just found out the true color name this morning. Thanks again.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums,
Nice setup you've got there, I'm sure you're enjoying it. Love the wheels.

OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums,
Nice setup you've got there, I'm sure you're enjoying it. Love the wheels.

Thanks, still working on a few things. Pcv system is kinda being a pain. Under high boost the dipstick wants to pop out a little bit... My passenger valve cover outlet is vented to the atmosphere and still having the problem... Very confusing.

Also surprised know one is knocking the powerdyne blower... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online