New guy from Tennessee

5.0Fever

Reaction score
5.0Fever said:
Thanks for letting me join... so glad to be apart of this community.. I'm from Tennessee but working in florida at the moment.. I've had several mustangs over the years and stuff happens and had to sale them all... but just 2 days ago I bought a 95 5.0 5 speed 111k miles from the original owner who had it on jack stands and last drove it in 2011 it's been sitting since then drained gas put new gas and battery and started right up... the defrost was on and as soon as car started I heard compressor kick on... and started blowing cold air... CRAZY.. it's 100% stock couldn't pass it up the price was stupid stupid low

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
88b4ad6aaa26c0df7a38b3992c7bc896.jpg
29a1e9914a00c9b78cc4f776d79965f9.jpg

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
He had it on jack stands in his garage for 2 years then had to move it out side and put back on jack stands.. he said he had a cover on it but storm tore it up and didn't do anything else with it.. Florida sun killed it

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
Thanks and ya can't wait to start building it... I got it for 800 bucks

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Thanks and ya can't wait to start building it... I got it for 800 bucks

What! Thats a heck of a deal! First thing Id suggest is gears and sfc's. Youll notice a huge difference with just those two. Congrats and welcome!

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
Not sure what gears I'm thinking 373 is all around good gear

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Thats what i usually go with. I drive mine so anything taller effects fuel mileage to much. H/c/i a little suspension work to get moar low, maybe a power adder and your good to go!

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
I'm thinking about 306 bottom end a set of twins not sure... there's so many ways to go with it

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
I'm used to driving my 4x4 dually everyday... so when I got in the car It felt I was just sitting on the ground

Nighttrain

Reaction score
It takes some getting used to lol. I used to drive big trucks so even getting in my pick up felt weird. But you get that suspension dialed in.......look out corners.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I'm thinking about 306 bottom end a set of twins not sure... there's so many ways to go with it

Yup, keep in mind the 302 block is a little weak in the cam valley, so if you push it over 400hp its reached its limit. Most guys end up going with an aftermarket block like dart because of this. [MENTION=8095]ProKiller[/MENTION] is a good one to talk to, he built a brand new motor for his. This is the reason im looking to go with a mod motor. More room to grow, factory aluminum blocks are plentiful and easy to find, and are able to handle the ponies.

OP
OP

5.0Fever

Reaction score
Hmmm that's good to know thanks for the Info for the mean time I just wanna do a cam and throttle bodie and injectors I want a f303 cam if you know what will work with that cam aka injector size what else will I need to run the f cam just for a fun little street toy nothing major for a year or so

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Hmmm that's good to know thanks for the Info for the mean time I just wanna do a cam and throttle bodie and injectors I want a f303 cam if you know what will work with that cam aka injector size what else will I need to run the f cam just for a fun little street toy nothing major for a year or so

Not sure if springs are neccesary for the f cam or not, but imo i always go overboard. I want my stuff to last so id do springs, locks valve seals. 1.6 rockers are good to, youd need to check with frpp if piston to valve clearence is ok with that set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online