New Guy

v6mustang

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I just picked up a 95 mustang v6 5 speed. It is a little rough looking and i hope to learn some great info. I have a question about my exhaust. So the previous owner cut the exhaust off at the mufflers and i was wondering what i could do so i will have tail pipes out of the rear end? Can i just get some straight tubing and run it out the back or do i need to get something else? If that will work what size do i need? Also does my car have obd1 or 2

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You should have an obd2 port.... At least that's what my old 95 v6 had if I remember correctly... And Welcome!

lsmustangx

Reaction score
First off welcome to the SN family!

My answer to your question is LS swap with dual exhaust.... BUT im the only one on this whole site who will say that

Are you looking for the look? do you want sounds? or performance? there is many ways you can go about doing this, Personally I think side exhaust would be really cool....

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
side exhausts would be cool. Right now im looking for an easy fix.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Welcome.

Exhaust can be fixed/completed many ways - the question is how much money do you want to spend?

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
Im not looking to spend a fortune right now. I would like to keep it around $100 or less.

RichV

Reaction score
Where are you at? I have a pair of SN GT over the axle pipes, sell them for cheap but I'm not shipping them.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. For a v6 you want them buy Mac catback. Straight pipe will sound soooo bad!

You have obd2, the v6s got it first :)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you get some pics from under the car? The V6 goes down into a Y pipe, with one muffler, coming out to a limp dick exhaust out the back (one side pointed down, they look stupid) so you might need to get a full exhaust if you want a pair of pipes out the back, which would involve a fair amount more than $100. I went to the scrap yard, got a cat back off a cobra (MAC) and had a mid pipe made. That's the best option.

It's tough to make the V6 sound great, especially the singleport (94-98) so the best thing to do is try keeping it quiet.

And as its been noted, yes you have OBDII

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

LMR sells dual exhaust tips for a V8 for pretty cheap - here. I don't know if you could make that work for you, depends on what it looks like under your car - I'm not familiar with the v6's.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where in Ga?
I'm in Hampton (5 miles from, Summit). I have my stock 95 GT cat back I can let you have for cheap. A couple of the pipes have been cut but they're complete and can be rewelded. LMK

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
CC I am located in Perry about an hour or so from summit. Also i already have two mufflers under my car.

ZakMay09

Reaction score
Welcome to the site brother. I wish I could help you with the exhaust issue but I'm not near knowledgeable enough to come up with a quick/cheap/working fix for that just yet. Best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online