New Here

Gimbleman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have owned many Mustangs but just bought a 2000 V-6 5spd Convertible.

It's in excellent condition, I'm looking forward to doing a few minor bolt ons to improve performance.

I'm in the Wilmington, NC area, any neighbors?

RustyRodder

Reaction score
Welcome! What bolt ons are you thinking of? Many common ones (CAI, shorty headers) are more aesthetic than performance based. But things like a short throw shifter, gears, or a tune will have a more noticeable difference.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Glad you joined the herd! We have some great members who can give you any advice you need.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have owned many Mustangs but just bought a 2000 V-6 5spd Convertible.

It's in excellent condition, I'm looking forward to doing a few minor bolt ons to improve performance.

I'm in the Wilmington, NC area, any neighbors?

Welcome to the site. Post pics of your vert when you can.

OP
OP
G

Gimbleman

Reaction score
Welcome! What bolt ons are you thinking of? Many common ones (CAI, shorty headers) are more aesthetic than performance based. But things like a short throw shifter, gears, or a tune will have a more noticeable difference.

So far A performance coil and good wires, a flowmaster system is installed, I am thinking about something along the handling lines, suggestions? rear sway bar?
As for the tune thing, can someone fill me in, I am 57 years old and come from the old school, not too familiar with the new setups.

Thanks all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online