New hood and seats!

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Hey antcjr.. The Stang looks perfect...one word buddy on a job well done....."Awesome "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mike_98GT

Reaction score
Man I want that hood. Where'd you get yours? Everywhere I look they only sell them for 99-04. Can't seem to find 94-98. :/

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Terminator seats are very high quality, fit real well and as the photos show, look great. Therefore they are a hot item for SN95's. The cheaply priced so called race seats like corbeau that most Mustang enthusiast go with are not up to the same level of quality as the Terminator seats.

The only seats that will beat the Terminator seats will be be Recaro's.

265.00.NR11.jpg

Obviously you've never owned a set of Corbeaus. Cobra seats are nice, I've owned a set, but I also own a set of Corbeaus and they are just fine for a street seat and they offer FIA seats for those who need an actual race seat. The cloth material isn't the best on Corbeaus, but for the money, they are comfortable seats and the Corbeau mounting brackets, make them just as much of a bolt-in affair as OEM seats. They're a great bang for the buck. What makes you think they're bad seats besides your general big-brand nut swinging?

To the OP: The new seats look great. I really REALLY like your car. Clean, simple, awesome color, love it.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The cheaply priced so called race seats like corbeau that most Mustang enthusiast go with are not up to the same level of quality as the Terminator seats.

Obviously you've never owned a set of Corbeaus. Cobra seats are nice, I've owned a set, but I also own a set of Corbeaus and they are just fine for a street seat and they offer FIA seats for those who need an actual race seat.

Beat me to it. Cheaply priced so called race seats? Lol.

OP, that hood goes great with the chin spoiler! Everything goes very well together.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Obviously you've never owned a set of Corbeaus. Cobra seats are nice, I've owned a set, but I also own a set of Corbeaus and they are just fine for a street seat and they offer FIA seats for those who need an actual race seat. The cloth material isn't the best on Corbeaus, but for the money, they are comfortable seats and the Corbeau mounting brackets, make them just as much of a bolt-in affair as OEM seats. They're a great bang for the buck. What makes you think they're bad seats besides your general big-brand nut swinging?

Yeah, I'm a huge Recaro seat nut swinger because Recaro is the best automotive seat manufacture in the world. Ford has chosen Recaro on the 2000 Cobra R and now the GT500 because Recaro is a quality product.

Recaro. Standard on the 2000R
2000cobrarmustanginteri.jpg
1693130009_large.jpg

and the 2013 GT 500 and boss mustangs
100945_2013_Ford_Mustang.jpg

I just don't understand why many Mustang enthusiasts go cheap on seats. Cheap seats like Corbeau's are built to a price and are just not up to the same level of quality as the OEM 2003-2004 Terminator and Recaro seats.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ah we all know that any brand that has not graced the presence of a cobra must be crap. OR we know that any brand that has not graced cobra-troll is nothing but sub-standard crap that would never be used on a racecar, that doesn't see track time anyway.

Got the leather/suede version of the GT2's from Justin last year and could not be happier. Already stress tested them last month as well when I had my wreck and I am just lucky that they didn't manage to activate a self destruct mode and launch me out the roof since they are such crap...
16210727_large.jpg

I approve.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a huge Recaro seat nut swinger because Recaro is the best automotive seat manufacture in the world. Ford has chosen Recaro on the 2000 Cobra R and now the GT500 because Recaro is a quality product.

Recaro. Standard on the 2000R
2000cobrarmustanginteri.jpg
1693130009_large.jpg

and the 2013 GT 500 and boss mustangs
100945_2013_Ford_Mustang.jpg

I just don't understand why many Mustang enthusiasts go cheap on seats. Cheap seats like Corbeau's are built to a price and are just not up to the same level of quality as the OEM 2003-2004 Terminator and Recaro seats.

Because who wants to spend as much as the car is worth in seats? Recaro's are quality, don't get me wrong but forking over $3000 for seats is absolutely ridiculous. You can get a set of Corbeau GTS seats and brackets for under a grand and if you need race seats, Corbeau's most expensive full carbon fiber FIA seat is still only $1100.

At the end of the day, a Mustang is still a cheap sporty car and you're not going to have numerous people lining up to drop a few grand on seats when it's not needed.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Because who wants to spin as much as the car is worth in seats? Recaro's are quality, don't get me wrong but forking over $3000 for seats is absolutely ridiculous. You can get a set of Corbeau GTS seats and brackets for under a grand and if you need race seats, Corbeau's most expensive full carbon fiber FIA seat is still only $1100.

At the end of the day, a Mustang is still a cheap sporty car and you're not going to have numerous people lining up to drop a few grand on seats when it's not needed.

True, a mustang is not a super expensive sports cars like say Lexus LFA, but remeber that Ford released a $54,000 Mustang in the 2000 model year with the 2000 Cobra R. Ford did not cheap out with the 2000 R with some cheap low quality seats. SVT stuffed the 2000 R with the best parts they could. No way would Ford have put some cheap low quality seats like Corbeau's on 54K car. Like Ford, I don't put in cheap crap on my Mustang and If I ever feel the need to replace the OEM 2001 Cobra seats, Recaro will be the only option. I know, I own a 12 year old Mustang that's not worth a million dollars, but that's not going to stop me from making it look like it is. I really do believe that if you cheapen out your Mustang, you'll get what's coming to you.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, a mustang is not a super expensive sports cars like say Lexus LFA, but remeber that Ford released a $54,000 Mustang in the 2000 model year with the 2000 Cobra R. Ford did not cheap out with the 2000 R with some cheap low quality seats. SVT stuffed the 2000 R with the best parts they could. No way would Ford have put some cheap low quality seats like Corbeau's on 54K car. Like Ford, I don't put in cheap crap on my Mustang and If I ever feel the need to replace the OEM 2001 Cobra seats, Recaro will be the only option. I know, I own a 12 year old Mustang that's not worth a million dollars, but that's not going to stop me from making it look like it is. I really do believe that if you cheapen out your Mustang, you'll get what's coming to you.

What makes a Corbeau seat "cheap crap"? The 1995 Cobra R also came with factory V6 seats, but that doesn't make V6 seats the holy grail of seats. I'll take my cheaper fixed back Corbeaus anyday over taking out a second mortgage just to have some high-dollar seats to fart into.

OP
OP
Antcjr

Antcjr

Reaction score
WOW, didn't expect you guys to like my car this much! lol but I appreciate ALL of the compliments to the fullest! If you commented this is my thanks to you!
And now I'll try to answer everyone's question!

lookin good, I had a good deal on cobra seats, I passed up like an idiot. I kick my self in the ass everytime I think about it.
Yeah man! I thought my blower was my favorite but these seats I love lol!

God Damn... Pic 2 is money. I love that color man, its just sick. The chin spoiler sticks out just enough where it looks really good. Stance is great, the wheels are dope, the cobra seats are really cool too. Do they just bolt in to factory seat tracks? Oh and +1 for the S281 wing, I'm biased now haha. I've seen your car on facebook before btw
Another thank you! They bolt right in. All you have to do is wire them differently but I found a guide on how to do it somewhere so I have full power in the seat no problems. Yeah it's on facebook alot! You should follow my instagram if you have one for more pictures! [MENTION=13127]Antcjr[/MENTION]

The hood was already painted Atlantic blue?

Next stop, centercaps.
No sir, It was red when I got it. May have got lucky and got it painted for free! It's even finished and cleared on the inside. And yea that's on the list. What color are you thinking?

Looks great as always, I been looking for your profile on here. I see you post on facebook page but never knew your forum account name
Yeah man this is me!
Sex! I love it bro. It looks awesome inside and out. One of my favorite SN's on instagram for sure.
Appreciate that! Love yours as well can't wait to see that Vortech get put on!

Ahh I love your car! So sexy. Those 03 seats look like they fit perfectly with your interior.

I don't understand the hype of the terminator seats? They look cool but you can get a really nice pair of racing seats that are comfortable and hold you in for a little more. Idk
They don't match perfectly but they're really close! Nice match to the eyes.

OP
OP
Antcjr

Antcjr

Reaction score
Man I want that hood. Where'd you get yours? Everywhere I look they only sell them for 99-04. Can't seem to find 94-98. :/

I picked it up in North August, SC used from a guy was about a 5 hour drive round trip. Couldn't pass up on the price. Cervinis made it and the fit is damn good!

I wanted to individually thank everyone but I didn't expect so many replies! Thanks.

If you guys have an Instagram follow me [MENTION=13127]Antcjr[/MENTION] and let me know you did so I can follow back.

Also, let me know if you guys are interested in a build thread because the car is also supercharged and has come a long way! Here's a pic teaser of how it started when I got it back in June of 2010.

IMG00009-20100630-1321.jpg

I believe this was like the first picture I took of it! It's dated Jun 30, 2010!

Tally_4.6

Reaction score

Why are you mentioning the '00 R like it's a "common" mustang? I can ALMOST say with certainty that nobody on this forum has one so stop throwing it around like it's a regular GT.

And if you and FORD don't put 'cheap crap' in your car, then maybe you should go work for FORD and teach 'em a thing or 2. 'Cause you're pretty much shitting on a lot of peoples cars on this forum.

Oh yeah, better look out guys...looks like we got "something" comin' to us due to our cheapness for not putting quality products on our 'stangs.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
What makes a Corbeau seat "cheap crap"? The 1995 Cobra R also came with factory V6 seats, but that doesn't make V6 seats the holy grail of seats.

Just the looks of cheap seats like Corbeau indicates that an OEM manufacture like Ford would never use them. You, I'm not so sure, but sit in a Recaro or even a Terminator seat and then sit in a cheap aftermarket seat and you'll know extra money for the Recaro seats went. As for the 95R seats, The design philosophy behind the 95R and the 2000R was totoally different. Back in 1994 when Ford was creating the R, the cheap V6 seats were chosen for it because Ford figured that once racers got a hold of it, they would put in a real race seat and throw away the cheap V6 seats. Fast forward to 1999 and the vision for the 2000R was different then the 95R. The 2000R would not only be a factory race car, it would the ultimate Mustang and that meant putting in premium parts including the Recaro seats.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
No sir, It was red when I got it. May have got lucky and got it painted for free! It's even finished and cleared on the inside. And yea that's on the list. What color are you thinking

Since your wheels are black, i gotta go with some OEM SVT caps...but that's just me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They look cheap lol. Has anyone done an IP check on this to see if it matches any old trolls/members? I can't put my hand on it but he reminds me of someone else. Always talkin about how everything he had was always the best, and certainly better then anything you will ever get, just to get rise out of your for his own jollies. I think its funny as I know he thinks he is top dog here and just teachin us left and right but, well, we all know the truth. Stuff "looks" cheap but the factory gauges are perfectly fine.... I mean why would you want to NOT upgrade the gauges on your car to see what is really happening there but the seats can't look cheap? Drilled rotors look perty, but of course do not perform as well long-term as we all know.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online