New in Glendale, AZ

AJCrader

Reaction score
They call me A.J., and I just bought my first SN95 car, Silver '01 GT Auto

I also have a Grabber Blue '13 GT 6M

I have owned an '86 GT 5M, and a '70 mustang with a straight 6...other notable cars were '72 Cutlass S with 455, and '68 Impala with 396 .030 over

I know I have no pics, haven't been home in the daytime with it to take any yet, and I am at work right now!

The plan, is 4.10/4.30/4.56 gears, I haven't decided yet, will delete the mufflers this week with long tubes in the future, 3000-3200 stall converter, jmod once I have time to pull the tranny myself or I decide to find someone to just do it for me, obviously a tuner, and I think that is all...

I would love to hear other ideas for mods, or direction to aid me in having a decent street/strip car for bracket racing!!!

RichV

Reaction score
Welcome! What's a 86 GT '5M'??

I think you should give that road course a try and build the 01 for that! :)

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Welcome! Awesome site we have here! My ideas for bracket racing? Well do you wanna be fast or consistent? I say a nice stall like you said and a shift kit. I think and seen way to many times in my days,that the "slow" car gets the hit and has to be chased down. He usually ends up winning cause of course the faster guy needs to catch him and usually breaks out. Every year here at our annual ford race. Mr. 79 pinto is in the top 5 finishing cause he runs a ready for this? A whopping 32ish et!

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I agree also to a point with rich. My newest 95 will be street/strip/show car and will be a over sized go cart. Had my gutted fox was cool but wasn't a joy on the street.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Welcome! Awesome site we have here! My ideas for bracket racing? Well do you wanna be fast or consistent? I say a nice stall like you said and a shift kit. I think and seen way to many times in my days,that the "slow" car gets the hit and has to be chased down. He usually ends up winning cause of course the faster guy needs to catch him and usually breaks out. Every year here at our annual ford race. Mr. 79 pinto is in the top 5 finishing cause he runs a ready for this? A whopping 32ish et!

As much as I want to win, it is more about fun for me, so if it is too slow I'd go nuts from boredom

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Oh, and as far as the road course goes, never done it, would love too, but I'm way too much about drag racing, been around it my whole life, but missed out on the whole learning more than the basics. If I knew people that did it that could help me, then I'd be all over it!

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes!!! I hope I don't become to annoying with questions and my typical stints of not being around, lol, life gets in the way too much!

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
This is it! Finally got a chance to post it!
ee7bebd381adddd8e67c23a4b42f6160.jpg

GT3FC

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! I'm in Phoenix you ever go to any car shows? or belong to any car clubs?

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
I will go to shows here and there, no clubs as of yet more into drag racing, and getting ready for team events!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Welcome from Chandler! Good to see more AZ people joining the ranks.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Glad to know I am not the only one!!! Seems like AZ has poor representation in mustang forums in general other than the local based forums...

GT3FC

Reaction score
I will go to shows here and there, no clubs as of yet more into drag racing, and getting ready for team events!
Well if your interested I'm part of a car club called AzModrod it's all modern muscle and we actually have a get together a week from tomorrow at 83rd Ave and bell by the in n out at 6pm It would be cool to have some more mustangs out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online