New member 1997 Cobra yote swap

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just wanted to join and find some needed tech for one of my rides.

1997 SVT Cobra with a gen1 coyote swap
It’s had a hard life and the original engine was poorly repaired causing major engine damage.
nearly entire car has been Either been rebuilt or upgraded.
Full suspension, rebuilt and upgraded brakes, rear end went through and fresh seals and bearings, restored the interior and fresh leather on the seats ect...

After I get the wiring situated for the cluster it’s off to paint for some fresh black.

what I’m really looking for is Tach wiring. Wanting to keep the factory cluster 100% working and this is all I’m lacking, along with getting the A/C to work.

and help tips advise would be very much appreciated!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are a few rides around here that have been coyote swapped. @white95 is right in the middle of doing his swap.

So on to this wiring, what computer are you using to control the engine? I assume it is the ford racing control pack. If this is the case, I’m pretty sure I remember reading that it will work with the tach and a/c but I do not recall how to do it. How much of the factory wiring is still in place?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Beautiful ride! This is for the tach, I’m not sure if its relevant to the 98- years but hopefully it works

No clue about the ac sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
The 99+ gauges go through a module, the 98- tach has a single wire to run the tach, it’s over in the kick panel, I just don’t know which wire to connect from the control pack. And for the a/c, what are you trying to control? Do you still have the ccrm in place?

OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas!

well I tryed the tach to cluster and what do you know it worked

far as the A/C Lwarrior, yes the CCRM is still in place and working, every other system in the car is still working except the A/C. I was told that it has to see engine rpm to activate the compressor clutch. So I’m still gonna work on that.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
It doesn’t have too. There is a wot shut off relay in the ccrm for the a/c. I’m pretty sure it’s normally open. If you take the compressor wires out of the ccrm and just bypass it, your a/c will work. This is how I’ve done my a/c with my coyote swap. Do you have a ccrm wiring diagram?

OP
OP
K

KoolerSL2

Reaction score
It doesn’t have too. There is a wot shut off relay in the ccrm for the a/c. I’m pretty sure it’s normally open. If you take the compressor wires out of the ccrm and just bypass it, your a/c will work. This is how I’ve done my a/c with my coyote swap. Do you have a ccrm wiring diagram?
No I don’t have that, the pdf I have of it sucks and is so blurry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online