New member, 96 Cobra, PNW

Javelin

Reaction score
Hello SN95 forums, my name is Michael and I have an SN95.

*Hello, Michael!*

Anyway, I've had dozens of fox bodies, but this is my first SN95, a 96 Cobra.

20160627_122434_zpscbqh7m1w.jpg~original

It's got mods and stuff and I am building it to autocross in the CAM Challenge in SCCA. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and race at Portland International Raceway if we have any other members up this way.

Thanks

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately, it was involved in a hit-and-run a few weeks ago. Luckily the neighbors saw it and called the police, who caught the offender. So it's in the shop right now getting fixed and I get to choose a new paint color, which is actually why I joined.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Welcome. I just got me a 96 laser red cobra. Had a laser red gt ,but that's a long story .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
It was Laser Red, then painted some custom dark gray/gunmetal/bass boat metalflake color that the body shop cannot match for the life of them, which is why it's getting a new color.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Comp orange! Or black, or.....there's so many......

Oh....welcome to the club, lots of guys that tace here and a bunch from your side of the country too! Nice car, hope the repair goes well!

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
this calls for a meme since i cant see the picture. I will choose a nice one when i get to my personal computer lol

Otherwise Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you are going to revive this car a little which is nice. Sorry to hear about the hit and run but sounds like it may work out in the end.

What colors are you leaning towards? I would say orange or some type of grey with a flake to it.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
It will probably end up some sort of a dark-ish blue since it has a tan cloth interior.

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately, it was involved in a hit-and-run a few weeks ago. Luckily the neighbors saw it and called the police, who caught the offender. So it's in the shop right now getting fixed and I get to choose a new paint color, which is actually why I joined.

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE!!!

DO IT!

BRIGHT!

ATLANTIC!

BLUE!

DO IT NAO!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:rage:

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Setup? Oh boy, this will take awhile... 17x9 and 17x10.5 FR500's with 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 Nitto NT05's, Eibach Pro Street coil overs, QA1 tubular control arms, Gripp C/C plates, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Eibach swaybars, and rolled fender lips. Brakes are stock Cobra but with Stop Tech drilled/slotted rotors and Autocross pads. Alignment is -2* camber, 7* caster, 1/4" total toe-out.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Setup? Oh boy, this will take awhile... 17x9 and 17x10.5 FR500's with 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 Nitto NT05's, Eibach Pro Street coil overs, QA1 tubular control arms, Gripp C/C plates, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Eibach swaybars, and rolled fender lips. Brakes are stock Cobra but with Stop Tech drilled/slotted rotors and Autocross pads. Alignment is -2* camber, 7* caster, 1/4" total toe-out.

Do you plan to autocross? Dont forget sfc....

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Yes, it is an autocross car. I run in SCCA's CAM Challenge.

Also, brain fart on the caster, I run 4*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online