New Member/Mustang owner here! Please drop some advice

wrgsm

Reaction score
Hey all. I just picked up a '96 SN95 4.6L 5spd.. and I have no clue where to start with it. It has been given extensive modifications, aswell as having been tuned, and would like some advice on how to handle her. Ive owned some imports in the past, but this is my first real American Muscle car.

Heres the details (For the most part)

!! STREET !! tuned. Not dyno tuned. Real HP numbers are unknown but close to 350hp is the speculated number. Here is the borderline knock table and the rest of the specs listed below, as well as some pics of this beauty.

lvrfBzU.jpg

PI Heads/Intake
Cams
JLT 4 inch intake
BBK 78mm Throttle Body
Pypes Long Tubes + Full exhaust
Subframe Connectors
Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
H&R Lowering Springs
EGR Delete
Unleashed Tuner with 93, Race Gas, and Valet tune maps.

There is more done but I dont have the complete details. What should I look for first? I will have the car up on a lift tomorrow to check over the frame and underbody.
Engine Bay:

xPBBq0T.jpg

Exterior:

gunKDZ6.jpg

K7SGbIK.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Great looking car! Welcome to the site!

A few things i notice with the engine bay pic. The block is painted blue, leading me to believe this engine has been re- installed. It may or may not be original, long as it runs good roll with it. I also noticed the intake manifold doesn't look Ford. With what little window i can see it appears to be aftermarket. Its said the aftermarket pi intakes restrict power and the best performer is the factory stock. But if she is running good now, let it roll!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online