new o2 sensors

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So i've been thinking of maybe getting new 02 sensors for my 95 5.0. Car is almost 19 years old, just turned over 56k today. My gas mileage could be better, and maybe fresh O2 sensors would make it run better and not smell as much. Anyone use these O2's from AM? How hard is it to install them.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ntk-o2-sensor-22500.html

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is an unholy ripoff. $45 for 1 sensor? I got mine brand new for $9 each a couple months ago. I think rockauto has them for $20 a pop.

And they take like 15 seconds to install. Unplug the old ones and unscrew them. Reverse steps with new ones. Done.

turion94

Reaction score
I just paid the extra money and got ford oem. I've heard after market sensors don't mesh well with our computers. Could be wrong though...

haha 15 seconds?

You have two sensors. Jack up the front and put it on stands. Use a wrench and loosen the sensor on each cat and unplug the wire. Reverse and your done.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That is an unholy ripoff. $45 for 1 sensor? I got mine brand new for $9 each a couple months ago. I think rockauto has them for $20 a pop.

And they take like 15 seconds to install. Unplug the old ones and unscrew them. Reverse steps with new ones. Done.
Ahh i didn't know. Maybe I'll check my local vato zone see what they got. I'll have to see, supposed to be getting ****ing snow this week -____-
I just paid the extra money and got ford oem. I've heard after market sensors don't mesh well with our computers. Could be wrong though...

haha 15 seconds?

You have two sensors. Jack up the front and put it on stands. Use a wrench and loosen the sensor on each cat and unplug the wire. Reverse and your done.
Thanks for the input. No cats here lol.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the sensors go where your cats used to be.

I had a set of Bosch ones that didn't work at all. When trying to tune my car on the dyno, they read completely incorrect voltage. Changed to a pair of motorcraft ones and it was just fine.

Basically, I don't really trust any non motorcraft sensors anymore

turion94

Reaction score
Well, the sensors go where your cats used to be.

I had a set of Bosch ones that didn't work at all. When trying to tune my car on the dyno, they read completely incorrect voltage. Changed to a pair of motorcraft ones and it was just fine.

Basically, I don't really trust any non motorcraft sensors anymore

I had a pair of autozone sensors and my check engine light kept showing lean. I bought Motorcraft sensors from the dealer and it runs perfect.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pair of autozone sensors and my check engine light kept showing lean. I bought Motorcraft sensors from the dealer and it runs perfect.

Exactly.

One of the guys in my local club works for a company that runs some quality inspection tests. If I remember correctly, most part-store sensors only have to be 65% correct or something like that. I changed my crank sensor 9 times (free replacements) before going to a motorcraft one, I've had no problems with that since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online