Reaction score
Re: Stang back from the dead!!!

I have some updated pics for everyone.

OP
OP
B

blown95sixer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :). Gregger i just found a supercoupe engine with extremely low miles would you reccomend me going through with the swap or not?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Where did you get those 1/4 window covers at? They look good as hell!

OP
OP
B

blown95sixer

Reaction score
well i got them from jmsproductsinc. I would not reccomend buying them from there. The customer service was poor and it took soo much to straighten them out. Abc exclusive who i have done some business with has a set now. I have never seen them in person, but i would imagine they are alot better.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Supercoupe swap +1, Love the car though, It's big, it's black, and it's not your mom's boyfriend!! J/K, good lookin stang.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
blown95sixer said:
well i got them from jmsproductsinc. I would not reccomend buying them from there. The customer service was poor and it took soo much to straighten them out. Abc exclusive who i have done some business with has a set now. I have never seen them in person, but i would imagine they are alot better.

Just went to abc exclusive. 250 a pair... ouch... I'll have to finsih the rest of my stuff first LOL... How do they mount on there? 3M double sided tape?

Greggerex

Reaction score
blown95sixer said:
Gregger i just found a supercoupe engine with extremely low miles would you reccomend me going through with the swap or not?

If you can get a full engine ABSOLUTELY do it >:D . Would you be swapping the engine in or just the top end?

It's a ton of work for the top end swap (like mine), so make sure you have another car to drive! ;)

Hit me up if you need any info.

BTW, my Stang funs like f#%king hell now!!! Woot! Everything is straightened out and it runs better than it has since I bought it over 4 years ago. :thumb: (Bad injectors were my biggest problem...)

OP
OP
B

blown95sixer

Reaction score
Just went to abc exclusive. 250 a pair... ouch... I'll have to finsih the rest of my stuff first LOL... How do they mount on there? 3M double sided tape?

Jms wanted alot more when i bought my set. They mount on like your original pillar through existing bolts. They are my favorite part of the car and i get alot of compliments on them. My dad has a shelby so i always had a thing for the rear window scoops lol. Just watch out for some of the styles because some of them are very ugly.

If you can get a full engine ABSOLUTELY do it >:D . Would you be swapping the engine in or just the top end?

It's a ton of work for the top end swap (like mine), so make sure you have another car to drive! ;)

Hit me up if you need any info.

BTW, my Stang funs like f#%king hell now!!! Woot! Everything is straightened out and it runs better than it has since I bought it over 4 years ago. :thumb: (Bad injectors were my biggest problem...)

Yea it is a complete engine with 12,000 original miles :behind:. See i had the swap before and i was gonna do just the top end, but i realized it would be way too much work so i bought a vortech and the cetrifi supercharger never thrilled me. I've wanted one of these setups for awhile, but could never find a engine with low enough miles. The stang is basically a garage queen,I have a 00 ranger for my daily driver.

Greggerex

Reaction score
blown95sixer said:
Yea it is a complete engine with 12,000 original miles :behind:. See i had the swap before and i was gonna do just the top end, but i realized it would be way too much work so i bought a vortech and the cetrifi supercharger never thrilled me. I've wanted one of these setups for awhile, but could never find a engine with low enough miles. The stang is basically a garage queen,I have a 00 ranger for my daily driver.

Wow, 12k original miles - that sounds like a great find there man. 89-93 or 94-95?

The top end swap was a butt load of work - but if you've got a DD and the Stang is a garage queen, then time is your friend. ;)

The roots was a lot of fun for me, but I don't have much to compare it to... :dunno: If you didn't like the centri, maybe this is the way to go.

Go for it dude - V6power.net & 3.8Mustang.com are great resources... and I'll help as much as I can (my website has all the info from my swap).

Best of luck! O0

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Stang back from the dead!!!

95Boss said:
Yup. Although I prefer more stock appearances, you have done a nice job. You know, difrint strokes . . .

im with ya, i like the stock appearances more with small changes but yeah different stroker for different folks

OP
OP
B

blown95sixer

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
blown95sixer said:

Wow, 12k original miles - that sounds like a great find there man. 89-93 or 94-95?

The top end swap was a butt load of work - but if you've got a DD and the Stang is a garage queen, then time is your friend. ;)

The roots was a lot of fun for me, but I don't have much to compare it to... :dunno: If you didn't like the centri, maybe this is the way to go.

Go for it dude - V6power.net & 3.8Mustang.com are great resources... and I'll help as much as I can (my website has all the info from my swap).

Best of luck! O0

its out of a 92 i believe. Roots style blowers are my favorite by far. The centri did nothing for me, but i know this one will. I need to pull my engine out this year to re-paint my engine bay anyways so the engine swap will give me some more motivation lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online