new problem.....got some codes for ya

fast5oh

Reaction score
ok so for the past few weeks i have been having problems with my car surging and i found out it was the spark plugs that i had in there. they were the denso iridiums and they suck lol. so anyways i swaped out the plugs and it ran great but i few miles down the road boom MIL light came on so i was like oh you better not lol. so i pulled some codes and this is what i got 76, 177,16,54,311 any help would be great thanks guys

916_5.0

Reaction score
Are these new codes or are they the ones you were talking to me and brian about at his house today. And man do you have a scanner at work?

ryclef331

Reaction score
all codes are 3 digits on our cars.

I assume you mean 176 177 (which is o2 sensor lean left side and o2 sensor rich left side) 116 (asuming thats what "16" was supposed to be) is coolant temp sensor out of test range. There is no code 54 or 154. 311 is AIR system inop during engine running on BANK 1. Honestly, you code reader sounds jacked or if you did it yourself, you need to try again. Like i said...all codes should be 3 digits bro. I don't want to say anything until we're sure the codes are accurate.

Suspect

Reaction score
heres what my book says..

76 R vane air flow sensor fault/insufficient range during dynamic response test

177 C HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault /always rich
* no oxygen sensor switch detected

16 O signal from ignition diagnostic monitor (IDM) not recieved
R RPM too low to perform HEGO (HO2S) test
R idle RPM high with ISC retracted
R RPM above self test limit with ISC off

54 O,C intake air charge temperature sensor circuit open;vane air flow sensor out of range

311 R thermactor air system/fault during engine run self-test

btw.. O=key off engine off (KOEO) code
R=key off engine running (KOER) code
C=Continuous memory (CM) code

:dunno:

Downshift

Reaction score
Hmm chris are these codes still going on? Or did you fix them? We should pull your codes again tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online