new speakers

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i just ordered new 5x7 kicker door and rear speakers, is there anything on here that shows you how to remove the door panels? i ordered it from crutchfield and idk if they are going to include a diagram exactly for the mustang, but just incase anyways. Thanks

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im pretty sure crutchfield will send you everything you need instruction wise and tool wise. Did you specify you had a stang?

ck5.0

Reaction score
Crutchfield always sends the removal and install instructions if you selected what car you have when picking out the speakers.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its easy.

First off you have to remove the little plastic bezel around the door handle latch. Then remove the plastic piece around where handle and window buttons are, be careful with this as its super easy to snap the clips. You will see a couple screws, take them out. Then remove the plastic piece in the corner infront of the window where the MACH460 tweeters would be. Lift the door panel UP, it will pop out then slide to the left or right to get it past the door handle latch.

Ive done it about 20 times thats how i know excatlly how to do it lol.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Its easy.

First off you have to remove the little plastic bezel around the door handle latch. Then remove the plastic piece around where handle and window buttons are, be careful with this as its super easy to snap the clips. You will see a couple screws, take them out. Then remove the plastic piece in the corner infront of the window where the MACH460 tweeters would be. Lift the door panel UP, it will pop out then slide to the left or right to get it past the door handle latch.

You forgot the plastic plug on the hinged side of the panel. I think you have to take it out dont ya?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Matt94GT said:
Its easy.

You forgot the plastic plug on the hinged side of the panel. I think you have to take it out dont ya?

yeah your right heh :)

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah listen to matt that is exactly what ya gotta. Make sure ya dont break the clips on the door inser t though cause the ydo break really easy. ALso you might wanna get some dynomat and mold to the little hooks that go into the actual metal of youer door behind the panel. You will see what im talking about when you get it off. But if you put some dynomat on them it will keep them from rattling. I also ran a thin strip around the edge of the door panel to make sure that doesnt rattle either. I hate rattles though so thats why i did that.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Its easy.

Ok good info but HOW do you go about removing those plastic pieces off the door so you don't break them? I mean what is your technique? And what tools do you use? A Screwdriver maybe? I want to remove my door panels too to run new wires to the speakers. (non Mach system) I sure don't want to mess up the plastic parts taking them out. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
look around the outer edges of the arm rest and there will be a notch thats big enough to get a flat head screwdriver in, if you stick the screwdriver in it and pry it, it will just pop out (if you want to take out the pieces behind the door handles you can either pop them out with a screw driver or stick your arm behind the door and push it out). you dont need to take out any other plastic pieces, after that there are 2 holes behind that piece you took off, you unscrew them and lift the door panel up and pull it to the left of right. That should answer your question

916_5.0

Reaction score
If your talking about not wanting to break off the little clips on insert just kinda do it slow and make sure when you pull it out lift straight up. A screwdriver works to though.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I experimented today & got the plastic inserts out..really pretty easy ...door panel maybe tomorrow, soon anyway... I appreciate the help...

ajspellm

Reaction score
i pulled my doors off last weekend when i was installing my component speakers and i broke some of the plastic hooks that hold the panel to the door. Now there is a big gap between the door panel and the door. is their anyway to get rid of this gap? i broke like 2 or 3 clips that surround the speaker. thanks

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
if you have those clips still, i would glue them back onto the door with epoxy, that should do it

ajspellm

Reaction score
and if i dont have the clips :-\ i wasnt really thinking and i think i threw them away. think i can order some somewhere?

916_5.0

Reaction score
Wait you broke the hooks on the back of the door panel? If thats the case i would try to find what you did with them and glue em back on. If you cant find them thats a bit of a problem cause they are part of the actual door panel. What do you mean a gap?

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
hes talking about the gap where the clips were suppose to be, cause theres nothing clamping them to the door so its free floating, all i can say is if the trash man didnt come try to find those clips and glue them back on, for the meanwhile if you want (to fix the gap) get some of that double sided sticky weather stripping (autozone has it) and put it around the door where the gap is (its under $5 for like a 6' roll). Make sure you do this with no oil or dirt debris on the door so it will stick better. That should solve the problem if you cant get the clips, cause what else are you going to need to take the door off for anyways

916_5.0

Reaction score
Hmm yea that sucks those hooks and clips break way to easy i would go with the weatherstripping idea sounds like it should work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99