New to forum.....I don't understand.

95Boss

Reaction score
BOS-94-003 said:
95 BOSS,
Is that a registered BOSS? Just wondering because I just got mine registered and wanted to know how your dealings with team shinoda were.
BOS-94-003

Here's the deal with my car. The owner of a large Ford dealership here in Canada saw some video and literature on the Boss that John Coletti's SVT team built in 1994. Larry Shinoda designed the stripe treatment as you know. The dealer had made Ford of Canada a lot of money with promotional ideas so he called in a favor and asked Ford to modify a car to emulate Coletti's car. He ordered a Vibrant Red '95 GT (my car) in the summer of '94. It had '95 Cobra wheels put on and Boss striping added in Dearborn. The stripes are the same as the ones on Coletti's. The stripe bars are spaced further apart and there are fewer of them than the Shinoda kit. The dealer had the seats re-upholstered to follow the Boss theme. He had the car in his showroom behind stantions from October '94 till June '95 as a promotional car. I was with Ford of Canada at the time (I took early retirement in 2005) and bought it from him in June '95.
I'm assuming you have a Shinoda Boss. What color is you ride? When Larry Shinoda was going to produce the stripe kit to sell, Ford put the kybosh to him sighting copyright enfringements. So, by putting his name on the component parts, he was able to get around the copyright thing and mass produced them. Apparently, that move caused him to fall in disfavor with Ford. People see my car and aren't quite sure what it is. Not so much these days as it is not a current model and people aren't as up on what models were available back then. Over the years, I have done some mods to the car. She's no screamer but she'll get out of her own way. I love my car and wouldn't trade it for any other on the planet.
Let me know about your car. If you don't want to do so on the forum you can pm me.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Mine is a 94 Gen2 Boss Shinoda. I dont have any good pics of it right now. If you go to www.teamshinoda.com click on "what we can do" Im owner number 17, BOS-94-003. Its not a very good picture but itll give you an idea. I ripped the front chin spoiler off after decapitating a opossum. A new one iswith the painter as we speak but hes behind and wont have it done for another week or two. Once I get that back on the car I plan on taking some pics. Shinoda wants a better picture anyways so I guess I have to take some pictures. You can read up on how to get yours registered as a Boss SHinoda if your interested though. If not its still a neat site with alot of pics.

95Boss

Reaction score
Tough looking car. I have never seen a blue one. Actually, I have only ever seen two Shinoda Mustangs. There are some interesting cars on that site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online