New Tow Rig for me...

ryclef331

Reaction score
Not bad a lil parts hauler

04 Cummins 3500 Quad Cab Shortbed. Single Rearwheel. 2wd. Ditched the Lexus for it....

242953700.jpg

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Must be nice to be rich. 11 sec stang behing hauled by a cummins....muuusst beee niiice

97blackgt

Reaction score
Fets said:
Must be nice to be rich. 11 sec stang behing hauled by a cummins....muuusst beee niiice
+1.....i must be doing something worng :dunno:

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
Rich? Hardly! I'm a Sgt in the Marine Corps...I'd say I'm FAR from rich. I've had the Mustang for 6 years...paid it off in 4. I've been on 4 overseas deployments and EVERY CENT I saved from them...went into the car. I'm not rich...just very much in debt!

Ballin' On A Budget!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Rich? Hardly! I'm a Sgt in the Marine Corps...I'd say I'm FAR from rich. I've had the Mustang for 6 years...paid it off in 4. I've been on 4 overseas deployments and EVERY CENT I saved from them...went into the car. I'm not rich...just very much in debt!

Ballin' On A Budget!

I didnt know you were in the Marines, my dad was in from 57-60 he went to Paris Island for BT and then to Jacksonville as a Radio Operator in Tanks. Thank you for your service :drunk:

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
4" straight pipe installed today....sounds sick. Pics and video coming soon.

Downshift

Reaction score
Sweet truck ryclef. what made you decide to ditch the lexy and go with a big ol honkin diesel? Just so you could tow more?

ripper

Reaction score
Ill be buyin a new truck by august. Why a diesel? I need mine for towing also. I tow my Ranger bass boat all over the east coast and didnt want to have to be lookin for diesel in unknown areas. But if its better to run diesel i will. So whats the story jerry?

Downshift

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Ill be buyin a new truck by august. Why a diesel? I need mine for towing also. I tow my Ranger bass boat all over the east coast and didnt want to have to be lookin for diesel in unknown areas. But if its better to run diesel i will. So whats the story jerry?
POWER!! haha. From what I have heard they get about the same mileage towing as they do driving around. Could be wrong but thats what I heard.

97blackgt

Reaction score
disels are very efficeint when towing since they have so much torque, and anyone serious about towing pretty much needs a diesel. Gas powered is just too little power and poor gas mileage

S

scarface

YEp, thats why dump trucks and Road tractors are diesel not gas :)

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
2wd b/c I'll never go fourwheeling...too exspensive and hard on parts...and b/c I want to drop it and make a "hot rod" diesel truck. SOmething that looks good, runs a mid to low 14second 1/4 (more than enough to surprise a few people) AND can still tow 10,000lbs like its not even there.

The truck ran 15.94 @ 88mph on saturday night. Not bad for 7000lbs. Diesel b/c the MILEAGE! I'm knocking down 17mpg around town if I keep my foot out of it. Throw a programmer at it, pick 126 more HP and 279lb-ft of tq....and get even BETTER mileage! Whats not to LOVE?! The technology of diesel trucks now is absolutely INSANE! There was an 06 Cummins 4x4 at the track with me running 13.90s all night with an intake, exhaust, and programmer. THATS IT. While I haven't towed with this one yet, we pulled a 24ft enclosed trailer to TX from NC with an 02 Exscursioin and Avg'd 13mpg the whole way. My old lightning couldn't DREAM of doing 12mpg around town unloaded. The flexibility of fuels for diesels are another strong point. They can be setup to run on straight vegetable oil...right out of the deep fryer at McDonalds...and I'm not talking Biodiesel...i'm talking the same shit you fry your nuggets in. The only downside to a diesel is...well the price of the truck...but thats about all I can think of. I gotta say...if you are going to tow anything over 3,000lbs...and alot, diesel is where its AT!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that awsome about diesels?! Chip it and you gain considerable power!
My old powerstroke got a huge jump from chip and exhaust.

So when you stab the throttle, do you smoke scree it? It's fun to pump it into the open window's of ricers.

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
no smoke. Its still stock tune. Not alot of "puff" yet...