New vs Remanufactured Master Clyinder

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new one after I messed mine up while doing my Cobra brake conversion. I went by our local autoparts store and I can get a new one for $117 or a reman unit for $47! I dont see why I wouldnt just get the reman unit? Anyone have some comments here? They both have 1 year warrenty.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
iv hag good luck with both....and that mc isnt that old to be rebuilt. the one time i had a problem was when i got a reman for my 79 bronco and i guess they didnt check it out and the bore was screwed. i say as long as the threads look good try it

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
definitely...the bore might be a different size then the gt....and since you have cobra brakes id go for the cobra

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Being a parts guy for some years now, I say go with the new m/c for sure!

Most reman company's only replace what use worn to start with and thats it. There are only a few that replace all the internal parts.

Luckly were I work we sell all name brand parts, Motorcraft, A/C Delco, Borg Warner ect ect

FYI stay away from Autozone unless your getting oil or wax or something simple like that.

lutter94

Reaction score
GT master with cobra brakes will have a harder/firmer pedal than buying the Cobra master. Reason is because there are fewer square inches on the cobra caliper than the GT caliper. The cobra brakes better because of the larger rotor.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
GT master with cobra brakes will have a harder/firmer pedal than buying the Cobra master. Reason is because there are fewer square inches on the cobra caliper than the GT caliper. The cobra brakes better because of the larger rotor.

Dude.... [MENTION=7995]DropTopPony[/MENTION] [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION]

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

This is very true!

you bring up a zombie thread nobody bats an eye, I do and everyone loses their minds

You're an asshole though :evil:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online