Newbie from North TX... 1995 GT Conv Restore

Mojokol

Reaction score
Looking forward to reading and learning from this forum! I'm bringing back my 1st car post-college... 1995 GT Convertible (Black/Saddle)

edited-image_zpsifvkiy9e.png

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You can typically expect to find most of the vacuum lines/hoses starting to deteriorate, the fuel hoses that go between the fender and the fuel rails are a must-change item [fire hazard] amongst other things. Assuming you didn't already know this, of course.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Looking forward to reading and learning from this forum! I'm bringing back my 1st car post-college... 1995 GT Convertible (Black/Saddle)

edited-image_zpsifvkiy9e.png

Like @96blak54 mentioned, what are your upgrade ideas? Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
Mojokol

Mojokol

Reaction score
Sweet!

What are your upgrade ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I had previously added a CAI and a Flowmaster exhaust prior to it sitting around.

At this point, I know that getting things back in order will cost me some $$$... I've already had to replace the oil pan gasket, fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel neck/tank gasket (found that out the hard way). I've bought new tires/wheels (back to the original 17"s) and fixed some of the vacuum lines for my A/C. Then most recently, the steering shaft decided to slip apart and hit my leg while driving... that was interesting. SMH I've got to replace the rag top and re-upholster the front leather seats. Not to mention, it needs a new paint job which I've been told to find a body kit to save some dough.

So for upgrades, I'm limited: BBK 70mm throttle body, LED headlights, and tail lights. LOL

OP
OP
Mojokol

Mojokol

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You can typically expect to find most of the vacuum lines/hoses starting to deteriorate, the fuel hoses that go between the fender and the fuel rails are a must-change item [fire hazard] amongst other things. Assuming you didn't already know this, of course.

I'm glad you mentioned the fuel lines... I need to check them out. There have been so many other things pop-up. LOL

The $$$ we'll spend for a "toy" to play with. :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity.

By insanity you’ll find that all of us who spend money on these old cars have to be absolutely crazy!!!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned the fuel lines... I need to check them out. There have been so many other things pop-up. LOL

The $$$ we'll spend for a "toy" to play with. :)

The most common fix it to 86 them and replace them with AN fittings/hoses.

OP
OP
Mojokol

Mojokol

Reaction score
The most common fix it to 86 them and replace them with AN fittings/hoses.

Thanks again for the reminder... I was able to get some black SS hoses and fittings to replace those lines. I'm sure they'll disintegrate as soon as I touch them. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online