Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Nice! CG Fab quality is awesome. Be ready for some headaches but it will be worth the switch. What’s the plan for turbo/WG/bov/boost management?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Awesome choice! Caleb makes a great kit!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thats what I hear... Really dont want to relocate the oil filter so hoping his kit will allow me to get by that. I also dont require ac provisions so I like keeping the exhaust piping closer to the block.

Nice! CG Fab quality is awesome. Be ready for some headaches but it will be worth the switch. What’s the plan for turbo/WG/bov/boost management?

Yes I fully plan on having some challenges on the way but thats all part of the fun. Honestly I really dont have a set game plan for the turbo yet. Will def be getting a precision gate and either a tial bov or turbosmart.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I got a nice WAP forged Trick Flow 10:1 with Del West wrist pins, Bullitcammed ready to drop in..............

Sounds about perfect for some boost! I'd like to successfully blow up the engine I built first before I start into a new engine yet lol

McCloud

Reaction score
Thats what I hear... Really dont want to relocate the oil filter so hoping his kit will allow me to get by that. I also dont require ac provisions so I like keeping the exhaust piping closer to the block.

Yes I fully plan on having some challenges on the way but thats all part of the fun. Honestly I really dont have a set game plan for the turbo yet. Will def be getting a precision gate and either a tial bov or turbosmart.
I'm running oil filter in stock location on mine. I did have to delete the cobra oil cooler and run a regular GT oil filter adapter in its place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Pony in the pasture...

tJRb6ra.jpg

5bkP0Wk.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Alright so the car is making things harder for me as usual. Ordered the n2mb wot box which I feel I've been needing now forever since this car mainly sees track time. Installation seems pretty straight forward but I forgot about something. My 98gt did not come with factory cruise control. The cruise control clutch switch is what the wot box uses to sense where the clutch pedal is at. Unfortunately my clutch neutral safety switch will not work as it only act as a ground connect where the cruise control portion connects a 12v source.

Sooooo.... luckily all 96-04 mustang from what I can tell uses the same clutch switch with the two plug connectors but only one of mine is being used. I'm about ready to make that empty plug work giving one of the pins a 12v ignition sourced wire and splicing my wot box into the other pin. Hoping this works!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I haven't changed my steering wheel because I love my CC.

I know it lol, I was pretty surprised when I bought this thing that it has keyless entry and power windows but did not come with cruise. Never seen that before. This is also the first mustang I owned that did not come with the mach stereo system. And this is my 5th sn95 car lol

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
It fought me the whole way but I prevailed. This will be a game changer at the track.....

[video=youtube;vZoHMZKhVFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZoHMZKhVFs[/video]

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
The WOT box is helping for sure at the track. Car made it into the 6's finally. Best pass to date now is a 6.96 at 99mph with a 1.49 60ft.

This is still on the a stock t45 with an ebay $120 clutch!!!!

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the fireballs each time you shift!!!! Lol

So is the wot box basically a rev limiter for when your in neutral?? Basically a 2step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You are gonna want to lock out the chain tentioners. Simple cheap washers stacked behind the tentioner plunger will do it. Chain will jump a tooth at the crank.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I love the fireballs each time you shift!!!! Lol

So is the wot box basically a rev limiter for when your in neutral?? Basically a 2step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep it has multiple functions actually. It's a 2 step along with a wide open throttle shift feature which cuts ignition between shifts so you don't have to lift off the gas pedal.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
You are gonna want to lock out the chain tentioners. Simple cheap washers stacked behind the tentioner plunger will do it. Chain will jump a tooth at the crank.
You know I was thinking I've heard that of being a possibility. Won't that cause excessive wear on the chain though?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Itll be the tentioner guides that wear. Of course you wont shim the tentioner plunger to the point off damage. Youll know what you are doing, cause you are good at this stuff. When you set up the tentioners, youll want to be as close as possible with the washer shims. Keeping the tentioner from reversion,..slap from chain in the rev limit. Some also believe the reversion causes oil psi spikes and may contribute to the stock oil pump gears breaking.....just a thought tho.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Itll be the tentioner guides that wear. Of course you wont shim the tentioner plunger to the point off damage. Youll know what you are doing, cause you are good at this stuff. When you set up the tentioners, youll want to be as close as possible with the washer shims. Keeping the tentioner from reversion,..slap from chain in the rev limit. Some also believe the reversion causes oil psi spikes and may contribute to the stock oil pump gears breaking.....just a thought tho.
Luckily I have billet pump gears now. Wouldn't have been using this ignition cut box if otherwise lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That thing left crazy hard! I was going to suggest locking out the tensioners but blak beat me to it! He's the man anyway, Id listen to him.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thanks mang.

One truly buys their education either from trial & error or schooling.

Be like me and learn for free...watch others!

So im just passing the info on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online

No members online now.