Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Thanks mang.

One truly buys their education either from trial & error or schooling.

Be like me and learn for free...watch others!

So im just passing the info on
And I appreciate it. I'll be tearing the motor down shortly to inspect how things have been holding up from the inside and will go about shimming the tensioners then. Motor has had a hell of a beating these last two seasons.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Here's the timeslip.

SuJsw1I.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. 6.9 would equate to roughly 10.7-10.9 1/4 wouldn’t it?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Very nice. 6.9 would equate to roughly 10.7-10.9 1/4 wouldn’t it?!?

Yep that's what i"m seeing on the 1/8 to 1/4 calculators. I'd have to get closer to the 6.4's to see a 9 second pass it looks like. Stock trans wont allow that im sure.......

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Nice Times! But! ... Umm... Why were you sleeping on the line? LOL

Haha you noticed that .47 reaction? I am used to instant green racing so this whole bracket racing thing is pretty new to me. Did you see in the video I posted that I also red lit? lol. :facepalm: :facepalm:

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Haha you noticed that .47 reaction? I am used to instant green racing so this whole bracket racing thing is pretty new to me. Did you see in the video I posted that I also red lit? lol. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yeah. I also noticed that the other guy had to be new or way off his times with that margin of Victory. Or were you playing the stripe?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Yeah. I also noticed that the other guy had to be new or way off his times with that margin of Victory. Or were you playing the stripe?

I cant remember what his dial in was, I should of kept both runs in the photo. Yeah he wasnt real accurate either. I was closer to my dial in than he.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Car is coming along awesome bud. Never knew the two step also let you no lift shift...thats awesome. And you're driving the hell out of that thing man!! Are you going to tear down the motor before going turbo? I was curious to see if you were going to take this shortblock to the breaking point before building another lol I've been wondering how much power the yote rods could handle in a 4.6

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Car is coming along awesome bud. Never knew the two step also let you no lift shift...thats awesome. And you're driving the hell out of that thing man!! Are you going to tear down the motor before going turbo? I was curious to see if you were going to take this shortblock to the breaking point before building another lol I've been wondering how much power the yote rods could handle in a 4.6

I really wanted to see the breaking point of this for others to learn off of. I think the rods will do fine for 800+ but the stock crank not so much. If I cant get this blower setup sold I'm going to throw on a 15% overdrive pulley and throw 18-20 lbs at it and see what happens lol.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I really wanted to see the breaking point of this for others to learn off of. I think the rods will do fine for 800+ but the stock crank not so much. If I cant get this blower setup sold I'm going to throw on a 15% overdrive pulley and throw 18-20 lbs at it and see what happens lol.

Thats what I like to hear! lol I think I'm more curious about the rods. I know they hold "X" power in a coyote, I'm just curious to see if that number is different being in a 4.6 with different harmonics...etc

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Thats what I like to hear! lol I think I'm more curious about the rods. I know they hold "X" power in a coyote, I'm just curious to see if that number is different being in a 4.6 with different harmonics...etc

The funny thing too regarding the harmonics part is I did not balance any of this stuff before I put it in. I will say we might gain a bit not having that extended damper pulley that the coyotes require when running a blower beings our blower utilizes the factory accessory pulley belt setup. But yes Im pretty confident the rods will outlast the stock crank Im using lol.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
The funny thing too regarding the harmonics part is I did not balance any of this stuff before I put it in. I will say we might gain a bit not having that extended damper pulley that the coyotes require when running a blower beings our blower utilizes the factory accessory pulley belt setup. But yes Im pretty confident the rods will outlast the stock crank Im using lol.

Thats good to know. What do you think the limit for the crank is? 600-700?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Thats good to know. What do you think the limit for the crank is? 600-700?

Yep Im hearing around 600whp is the limit. I think the centrifugal blower helps as a cushion since power doesn't come on tell up high. The turbo will probably kill it. I may be doing a Kellogg crank before that happens though.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Show me proof that the crank is a weak spot. I want to see someone that has just out and out overpowered one in to breaking.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You know, come to think of it....ive never seen a broken modular crank. Researching now!

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen a failed crank either. And if you think about it, a turbo will actually be easier on the crank snout than your blower setup. The blower is belt driven and puts a lot of stress on that crank snout, so if no issues with the blower I wouldn't think twice about running the stock crank with a turbo

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turbos are much easier on the bottom end. Boost creeps up slower and is not as instant of a surge like a blower does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online