NJ State Inspection / ABS Light

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Any of you NJ guys happen to know if you can pass state inspection with just an ABS light on? No CEL or any other codes

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Never had to go through with abs light on. Does it reset when you disconnect battery like cel?

TanTop94

Reaction score
Its probably just one of the damn ABS wheel sensor, while it isn't going to affect anything about the car it will show up and I can only imagine the person inspecting it wont like it. Not sure if they will do anything about it though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pulling the bulb will leave you with dealing with a lot of loud beeping when you start the car. I would imagine that a problem with the brakes no matter how minor would deem the car un-roadworthy by an inspector. What if it was just a brake light?

If you had to get by it with out fixing the problem, which seems pretty stupid to me honestly, the easiest way would be a piece of electrical tape over the display. But again I would have to ask you to be a little wiser and realize that ignoring what you hope is a small problem with your brakes, and then covering up the ability for it to tell you if there are any further/worse issues seems like a perfect way to set yourself up to fail later when you need to stop and can't............

Ironstang

Reaction score
Any of you NJ guys happen to know if you can pass state inspection with just an ABS light on? No CEL or any other codes
No worries. They only check for check engine lights and readiness codes. Not abs. You won't have a prob.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound, I'm thinking of bringing my car to state inspection. I have a buddy that can pass me but I recently moved and I live right around the corner from one. When I brought it to my buddy last time he did the normal inspection and said because my car is tuned it passes like a normal car. But due to me having skinnies on the front thats the reason my ABS light is always on so I was just curious. I wasn't sure if ABS light was tied into emissions any way? Thanks for the responses by the way guys.

joekd

Reaction score
Yep, it's the difference in tire diameters that is setting it off, had the same issue when I had my Centerlines

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
If your car runs like a normal car with the emissions equipment, you can pass. Every light under the dash can turn on except the CEL and you will still pass. I'm 8/10 on this.

Mnstrstang

Reaction score
Take the abs fuse out and see if turns the light off. But I'm also gunna agree wit jersey Stang. I'm pretty sure they don't give a damn about that bc it's a safety thing not emissions related.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to give it a shot on Saturday, I'll let you know the outcome haha

Mnstrstang

Reaction score
Might as well last time I took mine through inspection they plugged the car In checked the readiness of everything and I was done. Bald tires tinted windows no cats and the wonderfully joyful employees of Lakewood inspection station passed me

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Might as well last time I took mine through inspection they plugged the car In checked the readiness of everything and I was done. Bald tires tinted windows no cats and the wonderfully joyful employees of Lakewood inspection station passed me

thats motivational! even though Lakewood is another world haha, I'm more local to the Deptford location

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
no lights at all on the dash when I went in, failed for a lot lol. Cats, o2 sensors, o2 sensor heat, erg....dont suggest you guys wasting time going to state if you live in NJ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwright19832

Members online