No cable needed emergency brakes

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What’s the fail safe though? Does it keep constant voltage on the motors to hold them or do the just move in or out and when the motor stops, it holds in place? Imagine if the battery is dead on a vehicle or you have the engine out and the park brake set, then you need to release it to move the car. You can’t put power to it though.

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the fail safe though? Does it keep constant voltage on the motors to hold them or do the just move in or out and when the motor stops, it holds in place? Imagine if the battery is dead on a vehicle or you have the engine out and the park brake set, then you need to release it to move the car. You can’t put power to it though.

I didn’t read up much but I’m guessing they’re screw type so that if you lose power they still hold. Factory cars come with electronic e brakes now so it’s not exactly new tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn’t read up much but I’m guessing they’re screw type so that if you lose power they still hold. Factory cars come with electronic e brakes now so it’s not exactly new tech.

So then the problem becomes if you ever have your batter die, and then need to push, tow, move the car. Nothing is perfect obviously but a neat go around.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah interesting, not sure i'd pay $1k for it though unless i was bored and had extra money. lol. Our new VW has the electronic park break. it works.

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if I’d do this or if I’d do like others and install a airplane line lock.

Werecow

Reaction score
How about a regular car line lock?

That may work if you hook it up in the rear (or front if you wanted to) and used a simple toggle switch instead of a microswitch? If I understand how a linelock works correctly...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a line lock requires constant power to work. It would work, till the battery died and it would die....

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Airplane line lock is a valve. You hold down the brakes good and tight and close a small valve. When you let off the pedal it holds the pressure on the back brakes.

Werecow

Reaction score
Give this crowd a idea and it won't take long before they come up with a lot of creative solutions for sure!!!

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0838-D.jpg

Works great, just have to remember to set the brakes hard, but it will not move.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok I was trying to figure out where it was mounted and its been too long since I had the enter center section of the car out.

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is one way. Someone else had a different unit that looked like a box with the line running through it and a round dial to close it. They had it neatly installed in the arm rest storage if I remember correctly. I’d have to search through old builds to find it.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pic somewhere of all the parts for the parking brake removed including cutting out all the supporting junk and it is a big pile of steel, like 33 pounds of stuff front to rear. Hard to believe it is the cheapest way to park a car all these years with how cheap Ford is on every little thing. Surprised the auto brake was not perfected sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online