No dash light or Tail lights

Gannon

Reaction score
Tail lights and dash lights worked before dash was replaced. After they did not. So I thought it may be the light switch, but it wasn't. Brake lights, and headlights still work. I checked the connections on the back of the instrument cluster and they seem fine.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tail lights and dash lights worked before dash was replaced. After they did not. So I thought it may be the light switch, but it wasn't. Brake lights, and headlights still work. I checked the connections on the back of the instrument cluster and they seem fine.

Check every fuse in the car first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
by every, we mean EVERY fuse. It actually takes less time and is more successful than going through the manual if you just ge on your back and pull/inspect each one or run a test light/volt meter down the back of them while they are in the fuse box.

Reaperman8772

Reaction score
I had similar problem but with the headlight switch. I could get headlights, or half in running lights/dash and tail lights. but serious balancing act of the knob to get all of them at once.

Reaction score
I'm with Reaperman8772. I had dash/taillight failure , went through all fuses in the car and nothing. I wiggled the headlight knob a bit and everything came on. I would not risk driving at night if the tail lights didn't come on so I went to Carquest and got a new light switch and all is now good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online