No idea

Katstang

Reaction score
Ok so I had acquired a 98 gt coupe, needed the tranny fixed or replaced, a few months later I ended up buying a 98 gt vert, it runs, but my problem is this, after I got the 2 98 gts a friend got a 98 v6 coupe, didn't start, he is good with cars but he couldn't get it to start, so I got this brilliant idea to add to my 98 collection and bought it from him, it cranks but won't start, but it cranks slow like its not getting enough power to start, he had a messy ignition and got it replaced and re keyed, didn't help, he couldn't figure it out and I haven't really put any time in figuring it out yet. Just seeing what you guys think.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
First thing I’d do is make sure the battery is good and hot. After that, check the voltage drop while cranking. I had a v6 starter go bad and just start cranking very slow. It would draw the battery down very low. New starter fixed it right up. After that, check for fuel at the rail, and pull a spark plug out to check for spark.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
First thing I’d do is make sure the battery is good and hot. After that, check the voltage drop while cranking. I had a v6 starter go bad and just start cranking very slow. It would draw the battery down very low. New starter fixed it right up. After that, check for fuel at the rail, and pull a spark plug out to check for spark.
On yah, I forgot that there was 2 spark plug wires I found that were messed up but I think I fixed that already, and the battery in it was shit but I hooked it up to my gt with cables and it made no difference

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
On yah, I forgot that there was 2 spark plug wires I found that were messed up but I think I fixed that already, and the battery in it was shit but I hooked it up to my gt with cables and it made no difference
Sometimes a bad battery can even draw down cables enough for it to not start. You could try taking the battery out of the gt and putting it in the other car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online