No start and confused.

toyman

Reaction score
You will need to back probe the wire for the ECU pins. Use a safety pin or special back probe pins.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the PCM and opened it up, and it appears to be fine(no burnt parts or messed up solder). Also installed new CCRM and still NO START, but noid light shows injectors firing which didn't happen before. Has rich gas smell now when cranking, but won't start...will start with starting fluid. Fuel pressure gauge reads pressure, but erratically jumps when cranking, and doesn't hold pressure when engine cuts off(never happened before and pump stays constantly priming when key in ON pos.). Also cleaned 4 grounds: 3 located on radiator/grill(?) core, 1 connected to timing chain cover; I didn't see any others. Going to install a new Ignition Switch. Its a head scratcher, about to give in and bring to mechanic.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PCM.. FUEL PUMP RUNNING CONSTANT MEANS THERE IS NO TUNE ON THE CHIP. REMOVING THE CHIP SOLVED THIS.

OP
OP
D

doc_phibz

Reaction score
I always had a spark. Noid light flashes now, it was just at a constant on or off. The ne CCRM seems to have solved the noid light issue, but the car still won't start.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
give it a little shot of ether. If it doesn't fire then you still have a spark problem. If it does fire then you have a fuel problem

russ8825

Reaction score
I had the same problem, had to change the pcm. Went crazy for a week trying to figure it out, changed CCRM, distributor. Finally said screw it and bought a new PCM, and it worked.

OP
OP
D

doc_phibz

Reaction score
well, I had to bring it to a mechanic and he contracted out an ex ford tech, and it took them a week. after much troubleshooting apparently it was the distributor, but coupled with another issue. the distributor was bad but I also had a problem getting it started with the new one. apparently there was rust build up on the cam gear which wasn't allowing the distributor gear to seat. now with all the troubleshooting they messed with the computer an I'm having a run hot issue. thanx for all the posts and help guys. I guess you can say this thread is closed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online