NX Express Plate Kit users

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I thought the kit came with one but from researching it doesn't appear to. Do you guys run the MSD unit?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a complete new thread, but I have been doing a lot of research and am leaning towards putting a 50-100 shot on top of my blower and 50/50 meth setup. I have a lot of confidence in my tuner in tuning this setup and he said he would have no problems with it. I don't mind getting these parts/accessories over time and here is a part list I came up with:

NX Plate kit:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Nitrous Kit - Plate System 20946-10 (96-04 GT) - Free Shipping

NX bottle heater:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Bottle Heater - D-4 15940 (79-12 All) - Free Shipping

NX remote bottle opener:
Nitrous Express 11107 Nitrous Express Nitrous Bottle Remote Opener Kit - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

NX purge:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Purge Kit - D-4 15600 (79-12 All) - Free Shipping

MSD window/rpm switch (thoughts on this piece? Which ones are you guys going with?):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8969/overview/

In cabin pressure gauge:
Auto Meter Sport Comp II Mustang Nitrous Pressure Gauge - Electric 3674 (79-14 All) - Free Shipping

Speed of sound panel

Bottle bracket

Thats about the list I came up with for complete safety on running a shot on a setup like mine. I currently run 60# injectors with two 300lph walbro pumps and make about 600rwhp through a 4R70w. If more fuel is needed I would imagine I may need 80# or a 3rd pump. Any input/thoughts on the nitrous build list I have posted is appreciated! Thanks guys.

95opal

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a complete new thread, but I have been doing a lot of research and am leaning towards putting a 50-100 shot on top of my blower and 50/50 meth setup. I have a lot of confidence in my tuner in tuning this setup and he said he would have no problems with it. I don't mind getting these parts/accessories over time and here is a part list I came up with:

NX Plate kit:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Nitrous Kit - Plate System 20946-10 (96-04 GT) - Free Shipping

NX bottle heater:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Bottle Heater - D-4 15940 (79-12 All) - Free Shipping

NX remote bottle opener:
Nitrous Express 11107 Nitrous Express Nitrous Bottle Remote Opener Kit - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

NX purge:
Nitrous Express Mustang NX Purge Kit - D-4 15600 (79-12 All) - Free Shipping

MSD window/rpm switch (thoughts on this piece? Which ones are you guys going with?):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8969/overview/

In cabin pressure gauge:
Auto Meter Sport Comp II Mustang Nitrous Pressure Gauge - Electric 3674 (79-14 All) - Free Shipping

Speed of sound panel

Bottle bracket

Thats about the list I came up with for complete safety on running a shot on a setup like mine. I currently run 60# injectors with two 300lph walbro pumps and make about 600rwhp through a 4R70w. If more fuel is needed I would imagine I may need 80# or a 3rd pump. Any input/thoughts on the nitrous build list I have posted is appreciated! Thanks guys.

That set up will be fine its pretty much how Ill be running mine. 100 shot with meth. JFYI the msd window switch is good have had it on my car a few years now, easy to set up and reliable, the rest of your parts list is spot on.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That set up will be fine its pretty much how Ill be running mine. 100 shot with meth. JFYI the msd window switch is good have had it on my car a few years now, easy to set up and reliable, the rest of your parts list is spot on.

Awesome, thanks for the input. Do you happen to have any pictures of how your blower/nitrous/meth setup is plumbed with the nozzles and solenoids yet?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I used the digital $55 summit racing switch and it worked great.

95opal

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the input. Do you happen to have any pictures of how your blower/nitrous/meth setup is plumbed with the nozzles and solenoids yet?
I have all the solenoids mounted in the passenger fenderwell cause I like it clean. New motor is still sittin on the stand in the corner of the shop waiting to go in when I get back..( been away since OCT) I wont know exactly where Im mounting all the nozzles until I mock it up in the car as again it will be installed in the cleanest, stealthiest way possible per my obsessive OCDness over the bay lol. I will be using bulkheads to plumb everything into the bay, again location depends on my disease.

Your best bet is to have everything on hand so you can lay it all out and test fit where and how you want to mount everything. Once start laying it out youll be able to also figue out the cleanest way to plumb it. First place to start is finding out exactly where your going to mount the solenoids, if you 86ed the smog crap thell fit nicely in that spot. Not sure how the blower on your car is set up, obviously if its DR side youll want them in that fenderwell instead of pass. side.

heres the old nitrous nozzle location

Pretty clean even when your right up on it...a lot of people never even pick it up. Hopefully I can camouflage it a bit better this time around.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have all the solenoids mounted in the passenger fenderwell cause I like it clean. New motor is still sittin on the stand in the corner of the shop waiting to go in when I get back..( been away since OCT) I wont know exactly where Im mounting all the nozzles until I mock it up in the car as again it will be installed in the cleanest, stealthiest way possible per my obsessive OCDness over the bay lol. I will be using bulkheads to plumb everything into the bay, again location depends on my disease.

Your best bet is to have everything on hand so you can lay it all out and test fit where and how you want to mount everything. Once start laying it out youll be able to also figue out the cleanest way to plumb it. First place to start is finding out exactly where your going to mount the solenoids, if you 86ed the smog crap thell fit nicely in that spot. Not sure how the blower on your car is set up, obviously if its DR side youll want them in that fenderwell instead of pass. side.

heres the old nitrous nozzle location

Pretty clean even when your right up on it...a lot of people never even pick it up. Hopefully I can camouflage it a bit better this time around.

Man that is beautiful. What numbers/ET's are you expecting with the blower/meth/nitrous setup? How many lbs do you plan on running?
My setup is below. I'm seeing 20psi out of a V7 and run boost juice. I'm shooting for 700+ rwhp on a 100 shot if I go that high through a built auto. I already have my meth setup completely installed so I'll have to work around what I have setup right now with the plumbing of the nitrous:

95opal

Reaction score
97stanger Expecting 650+ from the blown stroker plus the hundred shot to put me in the mid sevens hopefully a bit higher with a bit of luck.
Combo is dart331, 8 ribbed Vortech si, meth and 100 shot. Ill run it for this year and decide if an upgrade to a cogged T or YSI will be needed.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
97stanger Expecting 650+ from the blown stroker plus the hundred shot to put me in the mid sevens hopefully a bit higher with a bit of luck.
Combo is dart331, 8 ribbed Vortech si, meth and 100 shot. Ill run it for this year and decide if an upgrade to a cogged T or YSI will be needed.

Sweet setup for sure. A YSi would do wonders over that Si if you spin it more.

95opal

Reaction score
Sweet setup for sure. A YSi would do wonders over that Si if you spin it more.

This is true.. but remember this is just a weekend street toy. Don't really know when enough will be enough, gotta see how she hooks the current power first before adding more. Even though shes minitubed with a 345, I think traction will be the deciding factor. The other problem is I wouldn't run either the T or ysi unless its cogged which Im not so sure Ill have room upfront for.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Opal you don't think you'll be pushing that SI past its efficiency??

Edit:Never mind seems I had my trim level backwards.. :confused:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
This is true.. but remember this is just a weekend street toy. Don't really know when enough will be enough, gotta see how she hooks the current power first before adding more. Even though shes minitubed with a 345, I think traction will be the deciding factor. The other problem is I wouldn't run either the T or ysi unless its cogged which Im not so sure Ill have room upfront for.

Just curious why you wont run a T/YSi without a cog? I went from an S, to an Si, to a V7 JT and only run 8 rib and see about 20-21psi depending on weather. The V7's are a BEAST compared to V1/V2's. Si's can get you nice power however until you get bored haha

Wichers123

Reaction score
Just curious why you wont run a T/YSi without a cog? I went from an S, to an Si, to a V7 JT and only run 8 rib and see about 20-21psi depending on weather. The V7's are a BEAST compared to V1/V2's. Si's can get you nice power however until you get bored haha
Wait wait wait that makes no sense. If a v2 s trim can make 400 on stock 3.6 pulley and then drop a couple pulley sizes can make 500 with motor work why are you running so much boost and a ass load of meth to make 600 with a bigger trim charger?

jt trim is 1000hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30015

S trim is let's say a safe 600hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30005

Si trim is easy a 750hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30007

So what you running retarded low compression in that motor of yours?

also btw a 100 shot on a blower car can pick up as much a 125 to 150 hp as it's doing two duties at once.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Wait wait wait that makes no sense. If a v2 s trim can make 400 on stock 3.6 pulley and then drop a couple pulley sizes can make 500 with motor work why are you running so much boost and a ass load of meth to make 600 with a bigger trim charger?

jt trim is 1000hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30015

S trim is let's say a safe 600hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30005

Si trim is easy a 750hp capable charger
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30007

So what you running retarded low compression in that motor of yours?

also btw a 100 shot on a blower car can pick up as much a 125 to 150 hp as it's doing two duties at once.

Edited my entire post because I think I sounded like an asshole with my first response. All I'm going to say is you should do your homework first before posting links from a vendors sites. All I'm going to say is try to find 2v AUTOMATIC cars in the 600-700rwhp range...go on any mustang forum and let me know what you find

Here's a 408 I'm just about done with to give you an idea of the kind of builds I do:

Wichers123

Reaction score
Well I understand a lot more than you think too all I'm saying is something's not right. Your setup must not be efficient.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well I understand a lot more than you think too all I'm saying is something's not right. Your setup must not be efficient.

Do you understand how limited a 2v automatic setup is? lol

Like I said, you search through mustang forums and try to find a 2v auto making 600+ to the wheels. I have a few buddies with auto 2v in the mid 500's running high 9's if that puts it into perspective for you.

Just the statement "the Si trim is a 750rwhp capable charger" makes me shake my head. You are honestly just coming off as a 17 year old kid. Lets hear some info on your setup

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online