O/R Mid Pipe Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LJmagicJJ, Apr 24, 2007.

1. LJmagicJJ

LJmagicJJ Member

if you have an o/r mid pipe on your car and you take it to a local car shop to get lets say new brakes or new alternator or anything will the shop even touch the car or will they say no b/c you have an o/r mid pipe on?

thanks

2. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

They should work on it. If they see you dont have cats im sure they wont worry about it.

3. ReplicaR

ReplicaR Well-Known Member

I know in California, there is big plaque in most of the shops that reads "Tempering with smog equipment can result in fine of 1000 dollars". One of the shops that did my exhaust work on the VW I've had a while ago, fabbed up and installed a turbo kit, and did a full offroad exhaust with a dumped external wastegate. Moral of the story is, if you know the techs or the owner of the shop, you can do just about everything.

4. Twista

Twista Legend

If its a exhaust shop than maybe yes. but if you take it to Midas for brake work than i dont see any problem.

5. cobra4978

cobra4978 Well-Known Member

Ive never had any problem :dunno:

6. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

ive never had any type of problems either

7. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

Exhaust shops most likely wont touch it if it doesnt have cats. But i doubt a brake shop or something along those lines will say anything.

8. Adam

Adam Member

As long as it doesn't involve them having to remove the cats they won't care. If there are no cats on the car before it comes into their shop, they they really won't care. A smart shop would note these things on your bill and have you sign off on it and keep it in their records.