O2 Sensor No Voltage Reading / STFT Stuck at 99.2%

David

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I’m having a little bit of trouble finding information on this particular issue. I purchased a car from an area where emissions inspections were not required. It had a tune on it that turned off the rear O2 sensors and it had an off-road H pipe, along with long tube headers. I installed high flow catalytic converters and just purchased an SCT X4 tuner. Since the local dealership would not flash the car back to stock for me I went this route instead. I just used the base 87 octane performance tune on the tuner to turn on the sensors. For a couple of minutes they showed the same readings as before. But I just waited just a little bit longer and the bank 2 sensor came alive and started giving readings. The bank 1 sensor never did kick on, and then I let the car idle at operating temp for a couple minutes before driving it down the street and back and when I got back it still was not outputting any signal, even after letting it sit a bit longer. Has anyone dealt with this before, and what are my options? Both sensors are brand new. Is this a non-issue? I want to take it in to get the emissions test done, although I'm sure it won't be "ready" by then. But anyway...

Summary: Longtubes, high flow cats, H pipe, new O2 sensors, Bank 1 sensor stuck at 0.0V, bank 2 did start reading. Both STFT readings for the sensors stuck at 99.2%

Also, the car runs fine. But I am trying to be proactive and get in front of any possible issues.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This car has long tubes on it, have you checked the wiring going to the sensors? The wires either had to be extended or have plug in harness extensions installed. It’s very possible that you’ve got an issue with the wiring to the sensor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online