odometer gears?

Chris@Stage3

Reaction score
has anyone swapped out the odometer gears? so my speedo works fine but reset the trip meter and odometer and trip stopped working? how tough is it? looks pretty simple

CWO

Reaction score
super easy. Pull headlight knob, remove dash trim, couple torx screws and pull the gauges apart from the backing. I would replace the dash lights while you're in there or at least clean off the bulbs. You'd be surprised how dusty they get over the years. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

OP
OP
Chris@Stage3

Chris@Stage3

Reaction score
super easy. Pull headlight knob, remove dash trim, couple torx screws and pull the gauges apart from the backing. I would replace the dash lights while you're in there or at least clean off the bulbs. You'd be surprised how dusty they get over the years. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

no kidding that easy huh? well lets chalk up another one for my to do list in the sweltering heat lol that may be one to do in the night time!!

CWO

Reaction score
get the cluster out and take it inside, makes it more bearable. It was probably 110*+ in my garage when I pulled mine.

lutter94

Reaction score
super easy, didn't do it to my car, but a 96 vert. Seems like I had to use a channel locks to get the new gear on the motor, pretty tight. Just be careful with that part.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
While the cluster is out, take a look at the head light connector. They're known to melt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online