Oil Guage

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
So my oil Guage is reading low . It's in the n of the word normal. Any ideas ? Guy said he changed the sending unit out a year ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the gauge you see is just a dummy gauge hooked up to a low-pressure sensor. I think it tells you that you have 8-10 psi or something stupid so the fact it is a little lower doesn't mean your pressure is lower necessarily. Replacing the sender might help

Mustanger

Reaction score
It will be the sender almost certainly...good thing they are cheap!...Not hard to replace....My son stopped driving his 94 (now MY car) & let it sit for 2 years because of low oil pressure....I checked the oil, fired it up & listened while it warmed up...then drove it 400 miles to Oregon with no issues & "fixed" it with a new sender!

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
As [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] said, the gauge is not actually a gauge. It's an on/off switch (i thought it was 6psi but 8-10 sounds a LITTLE more reasonable).

A high or low reading means nothing, the sending unit is just a switch, not an actual sending unit.

Mustanger

Reaction score
You guys are hung up on the Forced Induction pressures! LOL...Since KB dropped the 94/95's I think I will go another direction....eventually a Coyote!

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
funny 6psi was my first thought but it just sounded too low

Its WAY TOO LOW. By the time you find out you're ****ed, you're already ****ed.

edit: **** this filter let me rant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online