Ok boys look at what im looking at here .........

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
All right guys, so either tomorrow or Saturday im going to look at some L's and POSSIBLY make a purchase ( dont hold me to that though ) anyway here are the ones im going to check out.........

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...08&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=78

Then these 3 are ALL AT THE SAME DEALER :bunny3: :bunny3:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...08&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=76

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...08&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=76

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=76

Now tell me this, why is the White 04 ( AT THE MADA DEALER ) that has 34x miles on it and cost $24,950 .......2 GRAND MORE than the Gray 04 with ONLY 32x miles and cost $22950 ???????? So less miles comes cheaper these days huh :D BOTH of these are at the same DEALER so what the hell is going on with the price?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
probably because it is gray? iono...

id say white over gray though. ima do a chop for you.

ripper

Reaction score
Well i would say its a reputable dealer that payed less for it on trade in. But dont hold me to that lol.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I like the white one at the dealer with the three the best. (That make sense?)

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea im not big on the Gray but its at the dealer so Im at least going to give it a spin ^-^

anyway I like the White, but that True Blue on the 02 is nice too :-\ plus it probally wont show dirt n dust as bad as the white would. Also the 04 has all the bugs worked out over that 02,........like the spark plug holes, it has the deep wells so you dont have to worry about the plugs being blown out :eek:

hardontires

Reaction score
wish i could afford a truck thats good for nothing but roasting tires...

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
^^White shows dirt way less than the blue would...

well my inlaws has a 01 white F150 and it shows everything on it :-\ :-\ I figure with the darker color it would hide it more :dunno:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
^^^Appearance wise I like the white one better. :dunno:

Which is cheaper?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
im on the phone with them now :bunny3: :bunny3:

Tell the guy you've got about 1,863 people on a forum anxious about the truck. 8)

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok so here is what I found out, it was a Trade in by one of the Dealer's Service DEPT Techs, his wife is expecting and they need a bigger vech. It was just put on the lot and is all stock / 1 owner. Asking price $26,980..........Tom Hardee is the guy I talked too and I told him Ill see him either tomorrow or Saturday :) :).

I love Sonic Blue 8) 8)

hardontires

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
hardontires said:

yea roasting tires and running low 12's 8)

low 12s? no way, that boat isnt running low 12's stock. those things are torque monsters for sure, but i dont see low 12s coming from them.

edit:::: i read mid 14s

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hardontires said:
Snakebit said:
hardontires said:

yea roasting tires and running low 12's 8)

low 12s? no way, that boat isnt running low 12's stock. those things are torque monsters for sure, but i dont see low 12s coming from them.

No not stock, they run in the mid 13's stock.............BUT swap the pullies, do a flash on the CPU and throw on some Drag Radials and your 12's BOUND. Check out this site www.nloc.net you will find out how fast these trucks are BOAT trailer and all ;D ;D. With a few simple mods they flat out FLY

Getting into the 400/500 club is easy ( thats RWHP NUMBERS ) and you can go beyond that with easy stuff, but 500rwhp is the limit for the stock rods. But by then you would be knocking on 11's anyway :dancing6:

hardontires

Reaction score
i just see it taking a bit more than all that to turn 11s in something as heavy as one of those. they're cool dont get me wrong, i'd love to have a torque monster truck such as a lightning or srt10 ram or some shit. but im just going on basic power/weight/traction sorta shit, ive only seen one of those trucks run 1 time.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i like the second white one, and the gray one cause of the mileage and price. i would like a black lightning!!!!

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hardontires said:
i just see it taking a bit more than all that to turn 11s in something as heavy as one of those. they're cool dont get me wrong, i'd love to have a torque monster truck such as a lightning or srt10 ram or some shit. but im just going on basic power/weight/traction sorta shit, ive only seen one of those trucks run 1 time.

I didnt know how fast they were until I did some research on them........man im telling you they ROCK. There are a few that have run LOW 13's stock right down to the spare/jack being on the truck as well as the stock air filter. Then EVERYONE that owns one says that after you up the boost with the pulley change and get the computer flashed ITS NOT THE SAME TRUCK :bunny3: :bunny3: Like 50rwhp :eek: :eek: then you have the coldair kits / TB/ Exhaust / Gears ( if you want them ) / Traction bars........and so on. The latest thing is the PORTED blowers, they are very popular now and offer another 35-50hp over the stock one, and it doesn't cost much at all. Guys with all the normal boltons are running LOW 12's all day long, and there are a few that are in the 11's. But like I said the 500rwhp mark is the limit for the stock rods in those trucks so If you want more you need a solid bottom end. Seeing is believing give that NLOC site a look and check out the time board.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online