ok fellas, it's getting bad man :( VIDEO!!!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i know the white smoke is'nt just condensation.

can someone answer me this? with a pi head swap, is that most likely going to solve any issue that would cause the white smoke? even if it was a head gasket, swapping to pi heads would take car of that right?

also if it was valve seals leaking new heads would take care of that as well right? so repair while upgrading basically.

or is there several other reasons i could be getting this fn white smoke that new heads wont fix? i know i can go get a leak down but dont wanna fuuk with that.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't white smoke usually associated with coolant or water hitting the combustion chambers? Is the crossover on your intake plastic? They crack easily.
Tearing the motor apart and doing a headswap will more than likely solve your issues as long as you find out what was cracked.

clark98gt

Reaction score
Sounds like its time for your PI swap. That should cover all possible causes of the white smoke.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
that's what i am hoping! just didnt know if there were several other causes for getting white smoke.

@ferocious...no i got the aluminum crossover several months ago

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Check ur oil cap is it milky and check ur coolant resivoir to see if oil is mixing with it. You very well could have blown a head gasket. This year may be nice for you with a pi swap that will wake her right up

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
kyle, with a pi swap (just heads and intake) that takes care of any coolant or oil causing smoke?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea pressure test the coolant system you'll find it. Did your car get hot at all ?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
see, i dont wanna take the car to have a bunch of tests and checks if my pi swap will solve most any smoking issues anyway, lol. make sense?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well the pi swap will fix your issues . You would be getting new head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets etc . So this white smoke your getting wouldn't be there . Pressure testing the coolant system is easy and cheap

RichV

Reaction score
It's either top end or bottom end. 50-50.

It can be HG, but unless you have severely overheated recently chances are slim. Also, when it's a HG there are other problems IE coolant in oil, oil in coolant, overheating due to overpressurizing of the cooling system, etc. I know on cars with a radiator cap you can smell the inside of the cap and if it smells like exhaust you likely have a HG failure. Also, an HG failure will fail a compression test.

You gotta do a leakdown, it's the only way. If you do pull the heads you should be able to tell by looking at the cylinder walls if your rings are toast.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'm getting confused fellas. so doing a head swap may not do any good? could be something in the bottom end causing me to get smoke?

i dont wanna have tests ran if i'm going to fix it anyway by swapping heads (which i plan to do already).

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like i said and rich said see if there's oil in ur coolant and coolant in ur oil

97FloridaGT

Reaction score
Your oil consumption could be your valve seals...top end. That can be rectified with a PI swap. See if one of the guys on here that is local to you can help you out man. The tests are easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online