ok fellas, it's getting bad man :( VIDEO!!!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you can find the entire PI swap, buy it.

Otherwise, you can slowly piece it together to trouble shoot

(IE: buy the PI intake manifold. this will rule out bad gaskets and a cracked manifold)
if that doesnt fix it, hunt down the heads, too....

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I know everyone always says blue smoke for oil, but I've had small amounts of oil put out plenty of white smoke.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^that's what my deal is i think. the smell is not a coolant smell. but the smoke is def white.

so guys if the rings are shot than the smoke would be white as well?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
see in that video...it looks white to me, lol. but tha's about the color of the smoke. just not as bad as that.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
look closer to the exhaust tip... by the time the smoke is "out" its all white. lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, it has a blue 'hue' to it, but for all purposes it's white. Looks like clouds following you. Black is fuel. Make a campfire and dump fuel in it, the smoke is black. Dump oil in it, when it gets hot enough to burn the campsite will look like Woodstock.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i need to post a video to show ya guys.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
uploading a video now onto photobucket. will post it in a minute.

after actually watching the video it def smokes white! i did have a slight coolant smell just under the hood. behind the car was a very slight oily smell maybe..idk, but not coolant.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
You're nuts man, your car looks fine lol....

Why dont you go beat the shit out of it for 5 minutes straight, park it at idle for a minute or two and then take a vid of you punting the gas, I bet you'll see a couple of blue plumes of smoke(common early 2v valve guide issues.)

My vote is nothing in your car is broken...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Tony I dunno bud you say your smelling coolant under the hood, which from my personal experiences is NEVER good. I had a slight coolant smell under my hood too, then when I tore it all down, my intake manifold is leaking from the end caps on the sides. In all seriousness it looks 100% normal in the vid, maybe a tad prolonged tho. If you do have an issue, it's in the minor stage right now. If it were the head gasket I would have to believe your coolant tank would be empty all the time, mine was on my old Grand Am, and your car would definitely overheat at least a little. Could have a cracked intake manifold, wouldn't be terribly surprised since it's common on these cars

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
see this is bugging my ass to no end!!

the thing is, when it was 69 degrees last week it smoked the same, lol. shouldnt be that much fn smoke under throttle.

but the smoke is def white right? i call it white smoke, i dont see blue...just pretty thick white shit. so heads and intake should take care of it imo.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Driving it daily would take care of it... You keep the car in storage, LOTS of condensation will build up.

Here is a pic of my car after sitting for like 2 months in a heated garage. After I took that pic I went and drove it to the Home Depot and it put on an insane steam show at every single light I stopped at, like a wall of steam behind me lol. Has been doing it for years. If your car isn't daily driven, I would expect this steam, especially in humid/adverse weather with sudden temperature changes.

(Notice the steam toward the back of the car)
IMG_4131_zps6c32b980.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
pic dont work...dont tease me man, lol. try again, i wanna see this.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm, yea that's kinda like it. mine is a little thicker and white...especially under throttle. it gets pretty fn smokey at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online