ok fellas, it's getting bad man :( VIDEO!!!!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think that's perfectly normal. It's just condensation. Look at all the water dripping on the grouund.
My son's 98GT does that very same thing. My 5.0 hardly does it at all.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i just lol'd at your faceplant. looks normal to me too... i would just get the pi swap stuff and see if it keeps doing it after the swap. long as you get the intake too, you would rule out like 80% of the things it could be

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^haha...see the thing that worries me is doing a pi swap and all that shit, and i end up with a motor that is junk, lol. so basically i dont really want to pi swap if it wont fix my smoking problem.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
I donno dude. I don't really even know how you could figure it out to be honest. take the intake mani off and see if it's cracked? make sure your hoses are all tight. was this happening before you put the new coolant tank on?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea, it started at the end of this past summer. noticed at a light some smoke. light turned green i pull off and see a cloud behind me.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Tony you need to stop buggin' and just get an air ride system, your car is fine lol...

Clean engine bay too, kudos!

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
first video was after it ran for about 10 mins. second video where there was'nt much smoke was right after i strted it.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'll do that this weekend. why an hour though? just curious what difference that would make.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i was gonna do that earlier this winter, lol.

castine917

Reaction score
i'll do that this weekend. why an hour though? just curious what difference that would make.
Right now it looks like condensation in the exhaust. I want to be sure it is not. Best way to do that is to heat and push out any moisture. The hour is so you don't have to beat the piss out of your car to get itdry in there.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea man, i will def do that. i havent driven it for more than 20 mins since august, lol.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right now it looks like condensation in the exhaust. I want to be sure it is not. Best way to do that is to heat and push out any moisture. The hour is so you don't have to beat the piss out of your car to get itdry in there.

That's what I'm thinking too. Driving it around will just heat up the exhaust and burn out all the water.
Are you just stopping by every week or so start the car up and let it run for 5-10 minutes? If so, then your setting up the exhaust to rust from the inside out

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i usually drive it and let it run for about 20 mins. then just put it back. havent done that even lately with these wheels, lol. i cant get myself to be seen in these effers, haha.

i will get it out this weekend and spend some time driving it. let it get really warmed up and try to see if a lot of that shit burns off and the smoke chills.

i know that a lot is def normal condensation. but can you get that same smoke when it is warm outside? it did this in the summer..although not as heavy, but still some smoke here and there.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm still saying it's just condensation.
You probably just have a huge amount of water in the exhaust that needs to be burned out.
I would want to be seen with those wheels either. Maybe just drive it around at night on poorly lit roads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online