Okay well I ordered a bunch of detailing goodies! Help me out here

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of microfibre stuff, some glass cleaner, quick detailer, interior protectant, soap, new mitt and other misc stuff.

Anyways...Im kinda a newb to this detaling stuff. So help me out here!

I talked to a SRT Handz who has the same color paint as mine and he said a local car show he picked up this "Simply Z Best Car Wax" he was skeptical at first but he said he was really amazed with what it did to his paint. Left a deep rich color to it and it was his favorite so far.
So anyways im gonna give it a shot. I ordered it:
http://www.z-bestcarwax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZC&Product_Code=0001&Category_Code=001

Then I read that Eastcoast5.0 was amazed with this stuff on a similar color red (redfire)...So what the hell lets combine them I say to my self!
Its the ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze:
http://www.specialtymotoring.com/clearkote.htm

I also picked up the Porter Cable 7424 and the Lake Country Pads (one Orange Cutting, One White Polishing and one Black Finishing).

Anyways this is what I plan to do when I get all the products.

1. Wash with sunlight soap to strip old waxes
2. Apply the Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze with the White Polishing Pad
3. Of coruse clean it all with a microfiber polishing cloth.
4. Apply 2 coats of the "Z-Best Car Wax" with the Black Finishing Pad.
5. Polish/clean it again with the microfibre polishing cloth.
6. Clean, glass, interior and my trim.
7. Take lots of pics! :dancing6:

Does that sound right? I posted the links to the products. I just want to see how this compares with the meguires stuff I have tried in the past.

Thanks,
Matt

badass98svt

Reaction score
i'm afraid to buff my car. i don't want to see all the burn lines you see on some peoples cars.

sounds like you got it all covered though.

oh ya, i just remembered. the last wax i used was 3m and that shlt worked damn good!

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well is that "Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze" concidered a polish, I toss that on before the wax right?

thanks I cant wait! prob wont be done for a while tho.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
well is that "Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze" concidered a polish, I toss that on before the wax right?

thanks I cant wait!  prob wont be done for a while tho.
I PM'd you back. That setup/process looks good (never tried that wax though), and yes you put it on before the wax :thumb: Take some pics when your done!

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
i'm afraid to buff my car. i don't want to see all the burn lines you see on some peoples cars.

sounds like you got it all covered though.

oh ya, i just remembered. the last wax i used was 3m and that shlt worked damn good!
The PC is pretty much fool proof, but hey if you ever want me to do your car sometime let me know. Salem is right down the road. :)

badass98svt

Reaction score
well then get your ass over here.

we'll have to get together and do that. i'd love it.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
well then get your ass over here.

we'll have to get together and do that. i'd love it.
When it warms up a bit I'll let you know. 8)

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well I decided to get the ClearKote Carnuba as well as the ClearKote Red Moose, instead of using the other brand Carnuba. The "Z BEST WAX" is still on its way, not sure which setup ill do first though think ill go for the ClearKote stuff.

Still not sure if I should use dish soap before applying to clear all the old wax off. I did a claybar late last summer and my car is kept in a garage and parked in winter.

badass98svt

Reaction score
east coast, i need my gf's car more than i need mine done.
she has an 88 t-bird 5.0 that desperately needs a good buff/polish. its black, and when i wax it, its only shiny for about a week.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
The best wax out there is Zaino. The best metal polish out there is the stuff I have. :D

ALITL8

Reaction score
okay well i didnt read all the posts but id drop the dish soap (wash with a good car wash soap) and start with a mild compound (3M Perfect It II or Finesse It II). the compound will guarantee there is no wax left behind :thumb:

did you get the Porter Cable dual head orbital or the high speed polisher? i wouldnt use a high speed buffer unless you have a good bit of experience with one... you dont want to burn your paint. if you do happen to end up with buffer swirls from the high speed go over it with an orbital and your polish to pull them.

here's an 03 Mach 1 we detailed today... all with the orbital ;D

03mach1kid1.jpg

03mach1kid2.jpg

94TURBO5 0 said:
The best wax out there is Zaino. The best metal polish out there is the stuff I have.

we'll see... you need to send a sample of your metal polish ;D ive been using Flitz with fantastic results for 5+ years

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
east coast, i need my gf's car more than i need mine done.
she has an 88 t-bird 5.0 that desperately needs a good buff/polish. its black, and when i wax it, its only shiny for about a week.
Sounds good, I'll let you know when I'll be able to do it.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Zaino Zaino I think it was just the stuff at the time when it came out, I hear lots are turning to new things. Anyways I cant wait to shine my beast up.

Yes its the Random Orbit one.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
Zaino isn't a wax....
You're exactly right and I stand corrected. :thumb:
IMO is the best polish out there for show cars and the only polish I've ever used on my Stang. 8)

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
94TURBO5 0 said:
You're exactly right and I stand corrected. :thumb:
IMO is the best polish out there for show cars and the only polish I've ever used on my Stang. 8)
I have heard great things about it (who hasn't?) but I've also heard of all the alternatives and I'm pleased with the products I use. I've seen some Zaino'd cars and they do look awsome though, crazy shine! :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive got to spend this weekend getting mine all pretty and clean and post pics 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online