One Click Sound/No Crank When Engine Temps Are Warm

95_GTS

Reaction score
1995 GTS will CLICK ONCE and NO CRANK when the ENGINE TEMPS are WARM. She has 120k on the clock.

FWIW

- Battery Volts are within range
- Grounds appear GTG
- Starter visually looks fine

I am not sure if this will help but she sat for 4 months awaiting for ported parts to return, and the battery was on a trickle charger.
With that said, I just reinstalled the ported lower/upper intake manifold, ported headers, and the ported TB.

I have heard these starters are garbage, so that is what I am leaning towards. What y'all think?

Any help is much appreciated.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Starter or solenoid would be my guess. When the starter heat soaks it doesn’t want to crank or cranks slowly.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how good to go to go do the grounds "seem"? You should test them by removing them, cleaning and then retightening them. SHort of using an ohm meter to check its about the only way

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I vote to start simple with a hammer/wrench on the starter just to be stupid. If you don't start stupid sometimes you end up feeling stupid.

tinnocker

Reaction score
Just curious about your porter. I waited on Big Dog Porting to port some gt40 heads for 4 months and then gave up and got my money back. I am running his upper and lower ported gt40 intake.

OP
OP
95_GTS

95_GTS

Reaction score
Just curious about your porter. I waited on Big Dog Porting to port some gt40 heads for 4 months and then gave up and got my money back. I am running his upper and lower ported gt40 intake.
Big Dogs Porting....I also waited 4 months too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

weendoggy

Reaction score
Regardless of what the starter is doing, load test the battery. Just because it says 12+ volts doesn't mean it'll carry the Amp draw. If good, then go on to starter solenoid and starter. As mentioned, make sure all grounds and battery leads are clean and tight. If you do replace the starter (whether it be single pole or solenoid mounted) I'd opt for a high torque one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online