One Crazy Tachometer

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
I have a '94 GT automatic it seems the car suffers from P.O.D. an had a aftermarket tachometer installed at one time, I know this because of the maounting holes an the blue wire leading from the coil. The question is my tach works very weird sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't sometimes its about right i feel an sometimes its way the hell off. It is the factory tachometer. Anyone got any suggestions on a fix or am i stuck choosing an buying an aftermarket one?

ryclef331

Reaction score
you need to make sure that the wires from what used to be the aftermarket tach aren't touching something else. The tach signal wire you mention needs to be capped off or removed completely to ensure it won't ground out and mess up the tach signal to the factory gauge. Thats what it sounds like to me.

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
it worked ty very much.. don't hate me cause i'm new to the forum or the world of Mustangs but I'm lov'n everything about them... was mostly interested in gm cars & trucks but man i should have been driving a mustang 15 years ago....

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Lol you will find we are a very friendly and very informative crowd. Please ask all the questions about your car that you want. No one will hate you lol. Welcome to sn95forums. Hope you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online