P.I. INTAKE Q'S

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
i'm not a fan of the T/Y splitter since the sensor is not in the direct flow of the coolant like when in the crossover itself.
+1

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Is all this work on the coolent temperture sensor, and crossover needed if you buy this-->'96-98 4.6L PI Intake Adapter Kit from Livernois motorsports? I'm leaning toward buying it and installing it my self. Though, I don't own alot of fancy tools, so I need to find out what would be needed to do an intake swap.

S

scarface

THe Livernois motorsports kit comes with all of this done, and with adapter plates for the head

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Dorman PI intakes have both ports for the sensors.

34zm54p.jpg

It also has o-ring gaskets made into the intake.

42uqlw1.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
Is all this work on the coolent temperture sensor, and crossover needed if you buy this-->'96-98 4.6L PI Intake Adapter Kit from Livernois motorsports? I'm leaning toward buying it and installing it my self. Though, I don't own alot of fancy tools, so I need to find out what would be needed to do an intake swap.
the livernois kit is already drilled, its plug and play almost. You won't need any fancy tools at all, just basic hand tools and small socket set. i think just about everything on this car is 10mm or so it seems.

Nater

Reaction score
the big reason I went with that setup is because no one around here has a drill and tap with the correct threads to tap it. I am not about to spend 75 euros on a tap to use it once. The fitting only cost me 3 euros.... ;) I do not know yet if I am getting correct readings or not, because right now my car is a electrical nightmare. I am getting a MAF sensor voltage too low code with two different sensors, and the low coolant light is on even when there is coolant in the resevior

S

scarface

I have been told that you will not get acurate readings because there will be a dead spot in the "t". Coolant cant flow over the sensor, it just sits there. If you are worried about doing the job yourself, you and have your local machine shop do it. It shouldnt cost very much.

stngmn96

Reaction score
I just took the aluminum crossover tube off the old intake I had and swapped it out on the PI intake. Worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online