Paint Cobra calipers?

Monday

Reaction score
Use Xylene when you're stripping them.

You never heard of your kitchen oven? Let 'em bake at 420* for 12 to 15 minutes. Just as solid as any powder job.

Cheers

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Use Xylene when you're stripping them.

You never heard of your kitchen oven? Let 'em bake at 420* for 12 to 15 minutes. Just as solid as any powder job.

Cheers
like I said there are plenty of solvents that do it faster as long as you don't mind the fumes. But now after stripping just throw them straight in the oven and yer done?

Monday

Reaction score
like I said there are plenty of solvents that do it faster as long as you don't mind the fumes. But now after stripping just throw them straight in the oven and yer done?
No no no...

Paint them to ur liking then put them in your oven for 10+ minutes. You can f'em up if you go fast or the paint isn't applied evenly - you know this; take your time. Car's not going anywhere, right.

I have done this to some of my engine parts and they are rock solid. I slipped with a wrench on this one, didn't even scratch - it was not all that hard of a slip, but a screwdriver would've left a 'canyon' and I wouldn't go for that - but nothing - I think you'll be pleased. Oh yeah, all I used was Tremclad Red, baked 'em and there it is.

Not a scratch on the bracket on the intake manifold and not a scratch on the calipers or mount brackets.

I've also done this with black (mounting bracket in pic) and on my End Links as well (Blue and Black)

I just hope I was able to help. Alot of typing :)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member