Paint your calipers /w Pics

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cool, I'd like to see how it turned out for ya.

97GT4.6

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this post.. it helped me alot for when i'm going to paint my calipers.

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
I'm putting my calipers on tomorrow :-D I'll be postin up the pics as soon as I get em uploaded!!

Black Ice

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this for the ones who have paint on the caliper's and want's to strip them down and repaint them from bare. I went to my local autozone looking for something to strip mine down looking where all the paint supplies are i seen a can that said peeler so i bought it turned out the stuff worked great. Here are some pics
mustang037.jpg
mustang036.jpg
mustang038.jpg
mustang044.jpg

built454

Reaction score
Great thread! I'll be doing mine in the next week or so. Getting new hubs and bearings and cross drill vented rotors. May as well when thy're off right? Cool thanks for the tips.

Black Ice

Reaction score
50HorsePlay said:
stangbanger, very nice and clean. What did you do special for the letters?

Thanks. I just ran some sand paper across the letters to shine them up a little bit

mustangspartan

Reaction score
How well is this holding up now that you have some time on it? Would you try anything different?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I would actually. it got pretty chipped when it was at a shop, axle swap and stuff.
I would use an adhesion promoter before the paint, or use pour15 paint.
going to be touching them up and swapping pads in the near future.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't wait to do this to mine as they need it. If anyone wants to customize thier calipers with some decals hit me up with a pm as I have a vinyl cutter and can cut almost any design or logo to put on it. You can either just put the decals on it, or use them as masks and paint it on perminatly....

joekd

Reaction score
I put the decals on after the paint had cured, figured this way if I change my mind I can always peel them off

Not like anyone will ever look so closely at my calipers that they would tell they were decals anyway

If anyone does go with decals make sure they are high heat vinyl or you will find them curling and peeling off really quick

mustangspartan

Reaction score
this pour15 paint has anyone tried it and anyone have some results.. Very interested after looking at it...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I use it alot. Especially on older cars I restore at my shop like the odd camaro or impala. It's nice because you can
Paint it with a brush and it goes on like glass.my fox coupe I did te whole undercarriage and subframe connectors then
Added a rubberized coating.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Was looking at the system and would love to know more about how it work would like to do my rear diff those beasts look great for the first yr then :( You said you use it on undercoating how does it hold up to heat?

sn95jones

Reaction score
I painted my calipers about month ago without even taking off the calipers, here are some pics..
IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

Army_Stang

Reaction score
great read i think ill try this when i everything off...just gotta find a green paint for mine....

97LSxGT

Reaction score
brush or spray?

i wouldnt brush on caliper paint to save my life..it looks like junk(or at least mine did lol)..spraying calipers is SO much easier

ive never used por15(sp?) on calipers..but im sure itd work great. i have used it as he said on older cars etc.

hopefully doing mine soon.. really like how the OP's turned out. esp the blue. wonder what colors would look good with that..lol..want something a lil brighter then the gray met.

great write up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online