Painted the rim lip

Shangsta

Reaction score
So some of you might remember the pics i posted the last time and i inquired about what you guys thought about painting my rims orange or just painting the lip orange. well i came home for a week and had time so i decided to go through the thing and fix areas that need to be fixed and then paint the rims. Well here you go, let me know what you think.(BTW i still need to wet sand em and then spray the clear coat, and ill have pics of the car off the jackstands probably sunday).

Started by removing the interior and carpet as there were some things that needed to be fixed.
DSC_0191.jpg

removed the rims and washed them so i could start the prep work
DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

Fixing some curb rash
DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

Once i had the lip feeling smooth and like new again started masking
DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

Then hit it with paint
DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
You are an AutoX guy right? I think it goes real well with the theme of the car. O0

OP
OP
S

Shangsta

Reaction score
i Do everything, auto x, drag, open track. Ill have full car shots probably tommorow or the next day. Still working on some stuff under the car

lrall

Reaction score
that is HOT, usually white rims arent my fav but thats saweet!!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
uuhhh...im unsure about it. is there anythin else on the car that is orange?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the rims look good. You need orange stripes to finish it off. I love white w/ tangelo stripes :pimp2:

OP
OP
S

Shangsta

Reaction score
Theres nothing else orange but my friend owns a company that does removable vyanl(sp i know i got that one wrong) and we are talking about mabe making some orange saleen stripes or something to that effect.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Shangsta said:
Theres nothing else orange but my friend owns a company that does removable vyanl(sp i know i got that one wrong) and we are talking about mabe making some orange saleen stripes or something to that effect.
please dont, leave your car the way it is...or maybe you can get orange tint. :D

but really, the rims dont look bad...its just doesnt really have a theme.

OP
OP
S

Shangsta

Reaction score
Im soo excited to get some pics once its back on earth. Im still busy cleaning detailing the underside and just got done with the last two wheels. Tommorow the wetsanding starts and then spray the clearcoat. Pics will be here sunday
on another note here one of the other little project i was working on.

Ive had this hardwire kit for my passport sitting for forever decided to finaly install it.
DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

The test fit
DSC_0267.jpg

Molding it so that it fits flush. Still got to sand this too
DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members