painting "mustang" in rear bumper

Maniak87

Reaction score
instead of getting the inserts for the rear bumper cover, i was thinkin about masking off the area and painting it black. i am also going to do the lower area just above the exhaust tips where the oval section is (look at pic for referance)

should i just use a duplicolor rattle can? i think it would come out ok as long as i prep properly (sand the area where i am painting)

what do you guys think?

detailpics030dz5.jpg

GDawg

Reaction score
No... it won't look as well as a professional produced insert. The eye will see imperfection. Get the inserts... only $20 or so...

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
GDawg said:
No... it won't look as well as a professional produced insert. The eye will see imperfection. Get the inserts... only $20 or so...

yea, i was thinkin it over and u are right.

still goin to paint the other part though

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Def. paint the rear valence, but dont get inserts, pinstripe the outline of the letters, be different, it would look bad ass

GDawg

Reaction score
My inserts are white to match my top but stainless steel would look really good!

Rearview-Spacer.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The BlackChrome inserts from SSinserts.com are really nice but cost alot of coin.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
The BlackChrome inserts from SSinserts.com are really nice but cost alot of coin.

they had to wait to come out with them till after i bought my ss inserts from them :rant:. guess ill just have to replace them with the black chrome in the future to match the wheels i will be getting next year.

scott5

Reaction score
definetly go with the black chrome inserts.. Im taking off my chrome ones and putting black chrome on then saving up for some black chrome fr500s

GDawg

Reaction score
P.S. When I say Stainless Steel" I mean Chrome... but some places list them as SS....

???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online