Parking Brake Too Tight

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
After installing my MM LCA's yesterday (which required disconnecting the e brake cables) my passenger side caliper is now dragging while driving. The e brake handle was accidentally pulled while the cable was disconnected and I believe this adjusted it tighter. How do I loosen it or reset the adjustment? Everything I've read online is just for tightening it up.

Thanks

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
When I change rear pads on most vehicles the parking brake almost always drags. A little pb blaster and a few pulls on the inner cable with pliers usually loosens things up for me. If the parking brake was functional before then this should hopefully work

07GtS197

Reaction score
If bedding the pads or using pb blaster doesnt work then yes there is an adjustment nut on the side of the e brake handle hidden by the console. I wouldnt touch it just yet though.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Disconnect the cable from the caliper and give the metal part a really good tug to get some extra slack out of the sleeve

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Well I pulled the wheel off tonight to take another look at it. Turns out there isn't a return spring on the caliper on that side. I disconnected the cable and the parking brake now releases as it did before. It could never hold my car alone on my driveway and it's back to that lol. I still dont know what was going on before with the cable connected and no spring. At least I can drive the car now

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Well I pulled the wheel off tonight to take another look at it. Turns out there isn't a return spring on the caliper on that side. I disconnected the cable and the parking brake now releases as it did before. It could never hold my car alone on my driveway and it's back to that lol. I still dont know what was going on before with the cable connected and no spring. At least I can drive the car now

Well, that would certainly make a difference. Glad you got it sorted. Car looks awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online