Parkway Auto Care of Laurel, MD stay away!!!!

TanTop94

Reaction score
I need to rant about these ****ing idiots for a few seconds after they just literally robbed my Father and little brother of about $722.80 for a job I could of done at home!!! Here is the background, they were driving to a Speed Shop to exchange some parts when the AC compressor froze and started to burn up the serpentine belt. Being that we lived in that area when I was a baby my Father knew of a service station that they were able to limp the car too as they were literally less than a block away from it. Well get there to have them just run a shorter belt to by pass the AC as it really isn't that hard of a thing to do at all. Well the shop not only refuses to do the work, they refused to even sell him anything to do the job at all. They informed him that they did not have any belts and that the only way they would even touch his car is if they were to also replace the whole AC compressor. Given I had offered to drive done there with everything and I would of changed it in their parking lot just to show how ****ing dumb that whole garage was my Dad refused as he was quoted a decent amount to just get it fixed, I can't remember the numbers off hand as I was told all of this over my work's phone. The work is done as they were stranded in Laurel which is about 90 minutes from my house, and they present him with a bill of $722.80 and say if he doesn't pay it they won't give him his car back! Im furious! I'm tempted to go down there and ruin the place! This is the definition of highway robbery. Everyone in the MD area stay away from these ****ing people! They are clearly the dumbest ****ing service station known to man and deserve to get burned to the ****ing ground!

If you would like to know how they broke the bill down....
AC Compressor- $565
Serpentine Belt- $130
Tax- 27.80
For a sweet ****ing total of $722.80! THE ****!

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Highway robbery. That's the kind of crap that really pisses me off. Get people when they really need help and screw them as much as you can. Karma will catch up with them.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. :(

(Moved to good guys / bad guys forum)

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Highway robbery. That's the kind of crap that really pisses me off. Get people when they really need help and screw them as much as you can. Karma will catch up with them.

I ****ing hope so. This is why I try and do everything I can to my car by my own means because shops just want to screw you out of every nickle and dime.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

(Moved to good guys / bad guys forum)

Thanks, I meant to put it in there but I was raging lol...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Try $1200 for the same job on my wife's car. She insisted on taking it to the place they've used for decades and I said, "ok, but you're paying the bill." Needless to say she won't even look at the building when we pass by now, LOL!!! Anytime we are faced with a repair, she calls them for a quote to compare with what we really pay to DIY.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Try $1200 for the same job on my wife's car. She insisted on taking it to the place they've used for decades and I said, "ok, but you're paying the bill." Needless to say she won't even look at the building when we pass by LOL

That is ridiculous! I don't understand how you can manage to charge someone literally for that much money on such a simple job. It's a surprise that some of these people can sleep at night when they know they are just charging the shit out of everyone for no reason other than being damn greedy. Please for $700 I could probably find a used supercharger and go fast enough that I wouldn't even need AC. What pissed me off the most is how idiotic they were to say there was no way to run the belt to bypass the AC...GTFO Parkway handy **** youre drunk.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Those kind of people give ALL repair shops a bad name.

You're exactly right, it has been so bad that I refuse to go to any shop anymore. It has come down to me either doing the work myself or with my brothers. I have a friend down the street that builds engine that is also very handy. Then my Uncle is a master mechanic but works all the time, so if there is really any job I can't bring myself to do I use a family friend that once worked at a ****ed up shop like this one but got out because of how wrong it is. He does stuff on the side and I never have to question his work or his prices...for example he only charged me $100 to do both of my front ball joints, he did the whole deal within 12 hours of me dropping my car off at his house. He also promptly told me everything I should do to keep them going for as long as possible and to not hesitate to call or bring my car down if anything were to go wrong.

Mike_98GT

Reaction score
Yeah hard to find a good shop these days. It's better to know how to do things yourself or know someone. If not your probably gonna get ripped. Sorry to hear this bro.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Yeah they just had them stuck though from being stranded at the shop and not given a choice so they couldn't do much.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
1995 Mustang Gt..I just got told to drop it from my Dad cause I was gonna go ape shit on them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Those local reviews add up. I had a dr that turned out to be an sob and I was amazed after I went online to fill out my complaint how many others there were before me....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tell the BBB.....

there are countless options, but getting your money back should be #1.... which requires a few steps to be taken.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online