PATS collar

Booboo

Reaction score
I am having intermittant problems with the PATS system in my 1997 GT. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't you can tap on the steering column and it starts working again. I am thinking I should replace the collar (antenna) that goes arround the ignition. The part number is F6ZF-15607-BA. Anyone know where I can get a new one of these?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can probably get by just cleaning the harness to it if technical taps is fixing it currently. Just disconnect it and try to use a wire brush to clean the contacts or else honestly just disconnecting it and reconnecting it might clean it off enough to make it more reliable.

But I think you are completely missing out on the perfect opportunity to look like the fonz firing up the jukebox to start the car and impress your date.

OP
OP
B

Booboo

Reaction score
you can probably get by just cleaning the harness to it if technical taps is fixing it currently. Just disconnect it and try to use a wire brush to clean the contacts or else honestly just disconnecting it and reconnecting it might clean it off enough to make it more reliable.

I did that yesterday and so far its started every time. Lets see if it holds up.

1996GTNA

Reaction score
I would suggest spraying the contacts with contact cleaner you can get at Auto Zone or Walmart. Dries fast so you don't have to wait long to plug it back in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.