PCV Setup ideas for new Vortech install.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Been thrilled to be installing a Vortech on my 01 Cobra finally. Never thought I'd come across such a steal on a full kit. Can't wait to drive it, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking this thing is gonna suck up some serious oil now. First of all, keep in mind that this block has the stock oil pan with a canton windage tray (started to think its not letting oil drain back fast enough)
My current setup is a mishimoto oil catch can and terminator pcv on the drivers side. That seemed to do the trick for oil coming in through the vacuum. The pass side has the JLT prefilter into the JLT true cold air intake. Before all of that it was a bone stock setup and she sucked in enough oil on the drivers side to drop down the intake a little. Under the intake hat there would be a little pool of oil in the low spots of the lower intake. The motor was freshly built by my self and has all forged internals and the rings are total seal diamond coat or whatever that series is. It doesn't smoke at all and absolutely runs its ass off. I'm just getting a lot of blowby and it makes me nervous. Especially with the oil that I was seeing on the intake side. I wouldn't know what to do if I found my blower impeller covered in oil one day.

My idea is to switch it up and run the catch can on the pass side to save my impeller and then run (in order from valvecover grommet to intake nipple) pcv-JLT pre filter then one way check valve for boost, with whatever size hose to connect them.

Or should I just buy filters and let it vent to atmosphere? I looked once but could never find those nice low profile filters.

It IS an 01 Teksid block and has ported 01 c heads. BTW. And will list mods if needed.

Just want to hear what others experience is with the blow by these cars have and how bad or little it was and what it affected and opionions from the guys with centri blowers how I should set this thing up so I don't kill my air compressor. lol Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online