peformer intake and 70mm tb

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Lord you got alot to learn...You can expect to see nothing with a mail order chip. I actually saw a 03 Cobra lose power from a mail order chip. But that is another topic. What you aren't thinking about is a HCI is alittle more than Heads, Cam, and Intake. The little things will nickel and dime you to death. You will also need pushrods probably, roller rocker arms, 24lb injectors, 255lb pump, a MAF for 24lb injectors and other things I'm forgetting to make it work right. You will also need to dyno tune the car or else it will be a pain in the ass to drive. And whatever you do STAY AWAY from the POS E303 cam. Get something like a Steeda #19, Trickflow Stage1, or other cam that is more up to date. Also do you know how to change the heads and put a cam in the car? Its a WHOLE different world from changing the intake. If you don't then you also have to figure up cost to pay someone to do it..... See what I mean? The hiden costs are what will kill you here.

He's right. Stay the HELL away from mail order chips all together. As for the cam, if you don't wanna fork over for a custom cam, comp's new XE line is REALLY poudning out some good numbers lately. I'm thinking of picking one up before too long myself.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Lord you got alot to learn...You can expect to see nothing with a mail order chip. I actually saw a 03 Cobra lose power from a mail order chip. But that is another topic. What you aren't thinking about is a HCI is alittle more than Heads, Cam, and Intake. The little things will nickel and dime you to death. You will also need pushrods probably, roller rocker arms, 24lb injectors, 255lb pump, a MAF for 24lb injectors and other things I'm forgetting to make it work right. You will also need to dyno tune the car or else it will be a pain in the ass to drive. And whatever you do STAY AWAY from the POS E303 cam. Get something like a Steeda #19, Trickflow Stage1, or other cam that is more up to date. Also do you know how to change the heads and put a cam in the car? Its a WHOLE different world from changing the intake. If you don't then you also have to figure up cost to pay someone to do it..... See what I mean? The hiden costs are what will kill you here.
Good post. I have the AFR 165's (58 cc), Eddy's Performer Intake (w/ a stage 3 port), e303 cam. And on top of that I have/had to get, pushrods (preferably hardend), Fuel pressure regulator, Roller Rockers, lifters, 24lbs injectors, MAF (which is calibrated for the injectors), all the gaskets and bolts, new valve covers, new timing chain and some other small things I cant remember off the top of my head. It can be a pricey lil job in the end so be prepaired. As for the e303, I have only driven the car for 3 weeks after I got it all done so I cant tell you how it is, but it is my first car that I have ever modded so I don't know the difference between other parts and so on just yet.

Downshift

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
Stopsign32v said:
Good post. I have the AFR 165's (58 cc), Eddy's Performer Intake (w/ a stage 3 port), e303 cam. And on top of that I have/had to get, pushrods (preferably hardend), Fuel pressure regulator, Roller Rockers, lifters, 24lbs injectors, MAF (which is calibrated for the injectors), all the gaskets and bolts, new valve covers, new timing chain and some other small things I cant remember off the top of my head. It can be a pricey lil job in the end so be prepaired. As for the e303, I have only driven the car for 3 weeks after I got it all done so I cant tell you how it is, but it is my first car that I have ever modded so I don't know the difference between other parts and so on just yet.

Can you post up some video clips of your car? Just like idle and a little rev or something.

To the thread starter just know that whatever you end up doing the stock heads are the weak link. I rebuilt a set of stock E7s in a engine class and also got to see a ton of other heads (V8s chevy, ford...) All I can tell you is they are heavy and the valves and ports are damn small. So even if you slightly upgrade them to even GT40s which come on the cobras and you can find them for under 400$ it will make a pretty good difference. Good luck.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
94darkhorse said:
Stopsign32v said:

Can you post up some video clips of your car? Just like idle and a little rev or something.

To the thread starter just know that whatever you end up doing the stock heads are the weak link. I rebuilt a set of stock E7s in a engine class and also got to see a ton of other heads (V8s chevy, ford...) All I can tell you is they are heavy and the valves and ports are damn small. So even if you slightly upgrade them to even GT40s which come on the cobras and you can find them for under 400$ it will make a pretty good difference. Good luck.
Try this

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4554.0

let me know if it don't work.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
My old 1990 LX had a E303 cam with 1.7 roller rockers....My GOD did that car ever cam! It ran like complete shit (sold it before I got it tuned or anything) but at idle the car sounded like it was pushing 500rwhp. :eek: However I would never suggest that combination, I just had the cam and the RR's and decided to throw it in. The car had shorties, O/R H, and 1 chamber flowmasters dumped...good lord the sound that car had at idle. :noes:

Downshift

Reaction score
94Darkhorse car sounds really good man. Thanks for the clips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.